How do i resize photos for easier email?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have a quick question. I just switched to the m8, love it, my only problem is sending multiple photos through my email. I use my phone for work, take multiple photos, and need to email them. I came from the g2, I can set the resolution to 1 mp, it will take smaller images, and would allow me to send 15 or so in one email. I don't see that option on this phone. I set it to 4:3 normal. 2 sepwrate jobs today, took photos, went to send 6, they went through. Next set, sent 6 , wouldn't allow me, checked details, said image was 1.89 mb,the first set of images were 1/2 that size yet I didn't change a setting between the 2 circumstances. So I had to send 15 emails, 1 photo at a time for second job. Needless to say, it wasn't efficient. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I have a quick question. I just switched to the m8, love it, my only problem is sending multiple photos through my email. I use my phone for work, take multiple photos, and need to email them. I came from the g2, I can set the resolution to 1 mp, it will take smaller images, and would allow me to send 15 or so in one email. I don't see that option on this phone. I set it to 4:3 normal. 2 sepwrate jobs today, took photos, went to send 6, they went through. Next set, sent 6 , wouldn't allow me, checked details, said image was 1.89 mb,the first set of images were 1/2 that size yet I didn't change a setting between the 2 circumstances. So I had to send 15 emails, 1 photo at a time for second job. Needless to say, it wasn't efficient. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So I checked on this, and there looks to be no setting to resize the pictures, unless you crop them from the edit option in gallery.

Now, I have a solution. Go to your email, and open up the app. Then tap the menu icon, top right on screen, and go into settings. Then click into your email account you want to work on and use. Next, go to "sync, send & receive, tap it. Finally tap on mail size limit, and set it to max size limit.

Now, if all else fails, just reset your camera settings to default. If you need lower quality pics to get the job done, just think of what that could be, no flash, low lighter, etc. Now, Instead of auto mode, put it on a specific mode dependent on your scene. Finally, video mode, is the mode you can use to take small sized files. Press play and stop for one second, and try that.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

If you're not fussed on quality, as it seems, just install the Google Camera alongside. It's in the Play store now I think (I have it). You can change the res when you're using that app.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're not fussed on quality, as it seems, just install the Google Camera alongside. It's in the Play store now I think (I have it). You can change the res when you're using that app.

Thanks for advice, I downloaded app and I'll see how it works out tomorrow. At. 09 megapixel image size is 1/3 of what I am getting with stock camera. Quality isn't of too much importance for these images. Thank you again.