should I get the htc one m8?

maarescal

May 16, 2014
Visit site
so im looking to get a new phone soon and im thinking about the htc one m8 to replace my s3. just want to know if the m8 will be a good replacement?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
so im looking to get a new phone soon and im thinking about the htc one m8 to replace my s3. just want to know if the m8 will be a good replacement?

Welcome to the forums. Yes, I think it is a very good replacement.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I spent about a week comparing the GS5 with the HTC ONE. I compared spec for spec and the decision was close and choose the HTC.

But, here is one thing I forgot to consider. The Galaxy phones receive their updates using a utility called Kies, as opposed to OTA. If you check the Galaxy forums, everybody has trouble getting Kies to run. You have to run Kies on you 32-bit PC. 64-bit will not work. It will not detect your device, which must be connected via USB. All in all, it's a pain. I just received a minor Android upgrade from AT&T for my HTC ONE. It came over the air, and with the phone being as fast as it is, the upgrade took about 5 minutes.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'll throw in a no. The LG G3 will hopefully be out in a few weeks. According to the early specs, it will be twice the phone that the M8 is.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
OK, I'll throw in a no. The LG G3 will hopefully be out in a few weeks. According to the early specs, it will be twice the phone that the M8 is.

Specs aren't everything.

M8 will be faster because of the obscene amount of pixels that the G3 will need to be pushing

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I spent about a week comparing the GS5 with the HTC ONE. I compared spec for spec and the decision was close and choose the HTC.

But, here is one thing I forgot to consider. The Galaxy phones receive their updates using a utility called Kies, as opposed to OTA. If you check the Galaxy forums, everybody has trouble getting Kies to run. You have to run Kies on you 32-bit PC. 64-bit will not work. It will not detect your device, which must be connected via USB. All in all, it's a pain. I just received a minor Android upgrade from AT&T for my HTC ONE. It came over the air, and with the phone being as fast as it is, the upgrade took about 5 minutes.
I've update and used Kies in the past couple of weeks and connected my daughters S3 with no problems, and am running a 64 bit machine.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Let's put it simply. The m8 was the best phone of last year (unless the moto x was your cup of tea). As long as you aren't a motomaniac, Buy this phone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Specs aren't everything.

M8 will be faster because of the obscene amount of pixels that the G3 will need to be pushing

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Well it's a bit early to say, seeing as how we don't have any devices with the 805 chip to compare performance to yet.

But agreed - I wouldn't automatically say the G3 would be a better option, especially since the size may be too large for the person who is comparing devices. Of course, if size doesn't matter, then whatever =x

But almost any new flagship will be a good replacement for the S3 in terms of performance (meaning speed and battery).

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's an unbiased answer. Both the S5 and the M8 are awesome phones. The main trade offs are the camera, metal build, and the speakers if you choose the S5 and a light phone and an awesome super high resolution camera if you choose the M8.

For now I would wait and see what the LG G3 brings to the table. After that you could make your decision since there won't be any new phones coming out for a while after that.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

It won't have a 10 inch screen or four front facing speakers or two front facing 10 mp cameras or 4 back cameras or two power buttons or eight core 4.5 ghz processor or two screens or 180% metal body.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It won't have a 10 inch screen or four front facing speakers or two front facing 10 mp cameras or 4 back cameras or two power buttons or eight core 4.5 ghz processor or two screens or 180% metal body.

i lol'd

I will say that I will likely not be buying another LG phone. I don't really like their build quality, and I've had pretty bad battery life on my LG phone, even with an extended battery of 3000 mAh.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Imagine if lg said **** everyone and did that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii