Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default should I get the htc one m8?

so im looking to get a new phone soon and im thinking about the htc one m8 to replace my s3. just want to know if the m8 will be a good replacement?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    19,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: should I get the htc one m8?

Quote Originally Posted by maarescal View Post
    so im looking to get a new phone soon and im thinking about the htc one m8 to replace my s3. just want to know if the m8 will be a good replacement?

Welcome to the forums. Yes, I think it is a very good replacement.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Yes. What more do you need?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

Having done that exact upgrade, yes you should.

My M8 posted this

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Yes, moving to the M8 would be a great upgrade.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

I spent about a week comparing the GS5 with the HTC ONE. I compared spec for spec and the decision was close and choose the HTC.

But, here is one thing I forgot to consider. The Galaxy phones receive their updates using a utility called Kies, as opposed to OTA. If you check the Galaxy forums, everybody has trouble getting Kies to run. You have to run Kies on you 32-bit PC. 64-bit will not work. It will not detect your device, which must be connected via USB. All in all, it's a pain. I just received a minor Android upgrade from AT&T for my HTC ONE. It came over the air, and with the phone being as fast as it is, the upgrade took about 5 minutes.

Yea I highly very highly recommend the HTC M8.

OK, I'll throw in a no. The LG G3 will hopefully be out in a few weeks. According to the early specs, it will be twice the phone that the M8 is.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    OK, I'll throw in a no. The LG G3 will hopefully be out in a few weeks. According to the early specs, it will be twice the phone that the M8 is.
    Specs aren't everything.

M8 will be faster because of the obscene amount of pixels that the G3 will need to be pushing

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by john144 View Post
    I spent about a week comparing the GS5 with the HTC ONE. I compared spec for spec and the decision was close and choose the HTC.

But, here is one thing I forgot to consider. The Galaxy phones receive their updates using a utility called Kies, as opposed to OTA. If you check the Galaxy forums, everybody has trouble getting Kies to run. You have to run Kies on you 32-bit PC. 64-bit will not work. It will not detect your device, which must be connected via USB. All in all, it's a pain. I just received a minor Android upgrade from AT&T for my HTC ONE. It came over the air, and with the phone being as fast as it is, the upgrade took about 5 minutes.
    I've update and used Kies in the past couple of weeks and connected my daughters S3 with no problems, and am running a 64 bit machine.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
    Relgoshan likes this.

Let's put it simply. The m8 was the best phone of last year (unless the moto x was your cup of tea). As long as you aren't a motomaniac, Buy this phone.

Change the m8 to m7.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    Specs aren't everything.

M8 will be faster because of the obscene amount of pixels that the G3 will need to be pushing

Well it's a bit early to say, seeing as how we don't have any devices with the 805 chip to compare performance to yet.

But agreed - I wouldn't automatically say the G3 would be a better option, especially since the size may be too large for the person who is comparing devices. Of course, if size doesn't matter, then whatever =x

But almost any new flagship will be a good replacement for the S3 in terms of performance (meaning speed and battery).

Here's an unbiased answer. Both the S5 and the M8 are awesome phones. The main trade offs are the camera, metal build, and the speakers if you choose the S5 and a light phone and an awesome super high resolution camera if you choose the M8.

For now I would wait and see what the LG G3 brings to the table. After that you could make your decision since there won't be any new phones coming out for a while after that.
    planoman likes this.

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

We won't know about the G3 until it actually comes out.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

It won't have a 10 inch screen or four front facing speakers or two front facing 10 mp cameras or 4 back cameras or two power buttons or eight core 4.5 ghz processor or two screens or 180% metal body.

Quote Originally Posted by thepurpleturtle View Post
    It won't have a 10 inch screen or four front facing speakers or two front facing 10 mp cameras or 4 back cameras or two power buttons or eight core 4.5 ghz processor or two screens or 180% metal body.

i lol'd

I will say that I will likely not be buying another LG phone. I don't really like their build quality, and I've had pretty bad battery life on my LG phone, even with an extended battery of 3000 mAh.

Imagine if lg said **** everyone and did that.

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Imagine if lg said **** everyone and did that.

10/10. Perfect phone

10/10. Perfect phone

I'd buy it. Although that'd probably cost as much as my car...I have a crappy car, don't judge me.

Specs aren't everything.

Wow. Did you just say Specs aren't everything?
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Got the phone. Thank u to all its such a wonderful and amazing phone,first day I was kind of lost as to how to use it but its really good and all best phone I've ever had

Wait until news on the g3,best looking phone on the market imo
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:

Specs aren't everything.

The g3 is rumored to have better specs (processor, ram) and a better screen, so I don't see how it could be slower than the M8 when the hardware is going to do a good job supporting the software...
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast