Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?

    Prior to today's update (I know it's for extreme power saving), I have been unable to download directly to the external card (stock m8, not rooted). Now I can.

    Anyone else have other things they noticed about the update?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,895 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?

    Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    Prior to today's update (I know it's for extreme power saving), I have been unable to download directly to the external card (stock m8, not rooted). Now I can.

    Anyone else have other things they noticed about the update?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Take a look at this thread: AT&T M8's to get "extreme power savings" update this week!

    People are reporting receiving the update and there's a small discussion of changes. When I come across an official changelog I will be sure to post it here for reference.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?

    Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    Prior to today's update (I know it's for extreme power saving), I have been unable to download directly to the external card (stock m8, not rooted). Now I can.

    Anyone else have other things they noticed about the update?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    That wasn't one of the things in the update. You could always download directly to the sd card, at least I could

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    You could always download directly to the sd card, at least I could

    Posted via Android Central App
    You must be rooted or not running kitkat, or running an app that has created its own download folder for specific permissions, right?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?

    Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    You must be rooted or not running kitkat, or running an app that has created its own download folder for specific permissions, right?
    Not for me. I'm not rooted and I could always download directly to the sd card.

    There's an option in the settings menu and also in the advanced settings menu for the browser

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?-59575.jpg   AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?-59576.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?

    Yup I'm aware, was referring to apps downloading to the external card.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: AT&T HTC One (M8) update today... Can download to external card. What else?

    Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    Yup I'm aware, was referring to apps downloading to the external card.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    So how do you do that?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Galaxy S3: Battery drain visual glitch?
    By dynamicaura in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 12:06 AM
  2. Galaxy S5: problems with loading music to SD card
    By Hewy Puffmister in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 06:11 AM
  3. RAZR MAXX HD: Help phone froze switching to ART?
    By skuni in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 11:39 PM
  4. HTC One (M8)Help Please with playing music
    By Gordon Henley in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 10:50 AM
  5. Best external battery for HTC One m8
    By tigerNamedtony07 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions