Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spigen Slim Armour Case

Spigen Slim Armour Case-image.jpg
    Just got the new case and like it. Adds a little size to the phone, but feel it's protected better.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Spigen Slim Armour Case

Spigen Slim Armour Case-image.jpg
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

It looks really nice. How much was that case? You have a link to where to get it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
    Thanked by:

We have the same phone and case!
    mfreeland likes this.

Which one is that? It doesn't look Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin_it View Post
    Which one is that? It doesn't look Black.
    looks like gun metal to me.

I, too, have that same phone and case.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by dty06 View Post
    looks like gun metal to me.
    It's black, just had to take the picture with that crappy iPad 4 camera.......lol.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Yeah its pretty good, I have the gunmetal version and it looks great and feels protective.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

Just got the case yesterday and I love it!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    It's black, just had to take the picture with that crappy iPad 4 camera.......lol.
    Ah, well, fair enough then.

This is definitely the case I will be getting.

Out of all the cases I bought, I like the slim armor best, it's design is top notch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Definitely loving the Spiggen Slim Armor, I got the Metal Slate and couldn't be happier with the quality finish on this case. Just a heads up, the IR Blaster doesn't work with this case. Others have simply cut out the power button on the case, to fix this.

Posted via Android Central App

How is the grip? This phone is a little slippery, was thinking about a slim case

[JTC ONE m8]
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by jtc303 View Post
    How is the grip? This phone is a little slippery, was thinking about a slim case

[JTC ONE m8]
    The grip is a lot better. Not slippery at all.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

I have had this case for a while now... it was a great case for my S4 as well... all except one issue, it blocks the IR blaster so I can not control my TV and cable without taking it off.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I have had this case for a while now... it was a great case for my S4 as well... all except one issue, it blocks the IR blaster so I can not control my TV and cable without taking it off.
    you could always use...you know...the remote

But I do understand. I've heard you can just cut out the power button or drill a small hole in it to fix the issue.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Agreed, but I really don't need to use my phone for a remote control for my TV. Fun idea and but I'm really not going to use it anyways....
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

I'm close to ordering one of these, but looks like it just adds too much thickness to the phone, which I'd like to avoid

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

The smooth black adds more grip the others are a little slippery

I have the Black one, and I removed it last Friday. It adds a lot of bulk and weight, kinda ruins the phone design.

I just have it on a neoprene pouch now.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Harime View Post
    I have the Black one, and I removed it last Friday. It adds a lot of bulk and weight, kinda ruins the phone design.

Let us know if you find one that's thinner and still protects the phone. I really didn't want to use anything, but knowing I was only one pocket miss away from it hitting the concrete....
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by Harime View Post

I kind of disagree with this. Of course all of this is personal preference.

I have a gunmetal slim armor case, and while it does add noticable bulk to the phone it is not nearly as bad as some of the other cases out there. I would go as far as saying there arent too many out there that would add less bulk than the slim armor while giving you anything more than scratch protection.it adds a little bit of grip, not as much as some would like but is no where near as slippery as a naked phone, and in my opinion it is the perfect companion as far as aesthetics. I didnt feel like i lost any aesthetic appeal by putting my phone in a slim armor, it just looks awesome on this phone. Especially if you grab one in the same color as the phone itself.

Just sucks that you have to modify it in order for the IR blaster to work. that would be my only negative with this case, but honestly I havent really caught on to the IR blaster because I dont have a cable service to take full advantage of it. Otherwise that may have been a little bigger of a deal and I probably would have customized the case a little.
    Thanked by:
    mfreeland likes this.

I understand that protection wise is really good, and it does look good, but it is still far from what the phone originally is without the case.

It goes from being light and thin to being heavy and thick, that's undeniable. The good point is it makes it way less slippery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast