Mediocre battery

Thb91

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Let me start by saying I love this phone and I think it's great, but I'm not having the best experience with battery. I've followed a lot of the battery threads on here and a lot of people are posting some really crazy screenshots with 3days of battery or 7 hours or screen on time etc.

I've not got anywhere near that i think the most I've ever gotten is 4 or 4 and a half with around 12 hours of standby. I also see my battery drop around 15 % each morning on my 45-60min commute to work.

I was just wondering if this sounds low to you guys? Like I said I've followed a lot of the posts on here and used apps like GSAM and honestly they tell me nothing - everything seems as it should be with no apps showing crazy wake lock etc. I'd post a screen shot but I think it would add little info.

The other thing I've been wondering is whether a factory reset would make a difference? Again I've seen this a few times but I'm interested to see what everyone thinks? Is it really likely to make a difference? Also these crazy screenshots? Should they be taken with a pinch of salt? I know there's probably a few fanboys here who are posting stats which don't portray a realistic view of everyday life and are merely trying to stretch the battery for as long as possible by disabling almost all the features.

Thanks in advanced!

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Let me start by saying I love this phone and I think it's great, but I'm not having the best experience with battery. I've followed a lot of the battery threads on here and a lot of people are posting some really crazy screenshots with 3days of battery or 7 hours or screen on time etc.

I've not got anywhere near that i think the most I've ever gotten is 4 or 4 and a half with around 12 hours of standby. I also see my battery drop around 15 % each morning on my 45-60min commute to work.

I was just wondering if this sounds low to you guys? Like I said I've followed a lot of the posts on here and used apps like GSAM and honestly they tell me nothing - everything seems as it should be with no apps showing crazy wake lock etc. I'd post a screen shot but I think it would add little info.

The other thing I've been wondering is whether a factory reset would make a difference? Again I've seen this a few times but I'm interested to see what everyone thinks? Is it really likely to make a difference? Also these crazy screenshots? Should they be taken with a pinch of salt? I know there's probably a few fanboys here who are posting stats which don't portray a realistic view of everyday life and are merely trying to stretch the battery for as long as possible by disabling almost all the features.

Thanks in advanced!
It's hard to just look at the battery stats and know the full story. I don't think anyone is really faking stats, but you have to remember that people use the phone differently, signal strength varies, different apps, etc.

I would say 15% in an hour is a lot if you're just on standby without using navigation, streaming, etc. Hard to say if a factory reset would help, but it's one option you have. What are you doing during the commute on the phone, if anything?

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It really depends on how you use the phone,if you are in a bad signal area then the phone radio will drain more battery because it will keep trying to maintain a signal,I have gotten crazy good battery life out of mine,I have great AT&T signal where I live,plus I almost always stay connected onto my WiFi network so that saves some battery.also like someone else said many people use the phone different,no one does the same exact things,so battery life will vary from user to user,if you play lots of games that could be a huge drain on battery life,at most I just game 15 minutes every other day,and I have gotten epic battery life this is the best I have gotten out of a signal charge,this is with some YouTube video watching,instagram,Facebook,music and texting.

EDIT-i forgot to mention,if you are getting lower then normal battery life,i would recommend doing a factory reset,i had problems with my battery at first,i did a factory reset a while back and everything has been just fine every since.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 3801.jpg
    3801.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 64

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thanks in advanced!

I was getting really bad battery drainage too. Last night I just got an update on tmobile and it appears to be better this morning.

In mostly standby, Phone used just 6-7% in more than 3 hours

So if I were to leave it on standby entire time, it would have lasted 30 hours before reaching 30%mark

Attachments

• 10919.jpg
    10919.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 44

Thb91

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd say half of my commute is streaming on spotify and the other half is listening to music saved locally.

I'll eve see my battery drop to 99% after about 2 mins of having come off charge. How the hell are people getting 8hrs of screen on time ?! :(

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd say half of my commute is streaming on spotify and the other half is listening to music saved locally.

I'll eve see my battery drop to 99% after about 2 mins of having come off charge. How the hell are people getting 8hrs of screen on time ?! :(

I get 3 hours of screen on. Not a minute more. I use auto brightness.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Seeing your device drop a percentage or two or three right after you take it off charge is normal.
One thing you need to realize is the phone rapid charges to about 90%, after that its a slower charge to top off the battery. At some point its actually no longer charging even thought the indicator shows it is. The device is protecting the battery from over charging so its not charging when its at capacity. So if you happen to unplug it the device might have been not charging for a while and you will see an immediate drop. However its not a constant drop. Its merely catching up to its actual / calculated percentage.
Also its good to calibrate it from time to time. For me i do this once a month. I let it run down until it shuts its self off. Then while its off i charge it. Once its fully charged i leave it plugged in and power it on for about another 20 minutes, then i will unplug it. This is a great way to calibrate your battery.

iamstillvince

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thanks in advanced!

i lose about 15 from waking up with minimal browsing then 1.5hr commute with audiobook through bluetooth. it really depends a lot on use though. Its standby time is fantastic but i also would say 4 to 5 hrs screen time (using auto) is my best too.You can never tell from screenshots what someones screen brightness was, if power saver was on etc.I now just use the phone how i want to enjoy it and plug it in if i need but i rarely need to.

wooot

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was having similar battery life as the OP until today. I haven't pinpointed exactly what I did, but it greatly improved today. I'm currently at 73% after 12h of moderate use. The thing I think might have done the trick was I went to "manage apps" and went through and turned off notifications on all apps that I didn't need to be on. Not sure but I'm satisfied for now.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thanks in advanced!

There is nothing that you are doing that is wrong. Most people who are getting good battery life with a phone with such a low mAh are basically making their phones dumb phones by disabling things and limiting usage.

This is just what happens when you use your phone normally. Invest in an external battery charger or one of those extended batteries for your phone, that's pretty much the only solution if you want to use your phone like it's meant to be used

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair