Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dlocks
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One touch phone call from favorites screen?

Hi,

I'm curious if there is a way to set up the favorites section of 'people' or contacts to default to make a phone call when you press on a favorites icon?

Thanks in advance.

Yes there's a way. Add your contacts to favorites and then press and hold on the contract. It will bring up a menu in which set default action will be toward the bottom. Click that and you can select call as the default action.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One touch phone call from favorites screen?-screenshot_2014-05-16-15-21-06.jpg   One touch phone call from favorites screen?-screenshot_2014-05-16-15-21-09.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: One touch phone call from favorites screen?

Thanks Skyway, but I've tried that and it isn't working. After I press set default action it brings up like email, phone number, etc. I click on the phone number and then go back and try it and it just brings up the whole contact when I press on the favorite?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I see it is set up for default action to call, but it won't work. Perhaps it is a Verizon thing? I also don't have extreme power saver.

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post
    Thanks Skyway, but I've tried that and it isn't working. After I press set default action it brings up like email, phone number, etc. I click on the phone number and then go back and try it and it just brings up the whole contact when I press on the favorite?
    You're right, it doesn't work. What I do is to use the frequent contact widgets (it's a stock widget) to my home screen and you can set the default action from there to call. It works and will add contacts based on how much you call them.

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm just setting the 'quick call' feature I think it is, where I set a contact to say #2 when I long press it calls their number. It works for me...I'll just have to work on my memory so I can remember 9 people's number...

The default action will only adjust what happens when you tap the contact on the CONTACTS widget, not in the contacts APP directly. Odd, but I confirmed by creating a contacts widget and toggling the default action,.

If you designate a home screen to the Contacts widget and set your Favorites there, or otherwise create links for direct dials,. you might be able to get what you are wanting on a home screen. Odd that the default action doesn't work in the app itself though.

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post

If you designate a home screen to the Contacts widget and set your Favorites there, or otherwise create links for direct dials,. you might be able to get what you are wanting on a home screen. Odd that the default action doesn't work in the app itself though.
    I have mine set up like this.
    Create a blank home screen, add the People Widget, when the widget first opens select favorites,all your favorites should show up automatically. As you tap each favorite icon for the first time it will ask to select a default action.
    Should be good to go after that.
    roflwaffleton likes this.