Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you select location access by app?

As far as I can tell, the location function is an on/off function for all apps. I would like to allow some apps (like a phone finder) and deny other apps access to location. Is this possible?

Google, Facebook, etc. do not need to know my location however much they think they would like to.

Default Re: Can you select location access by app?

Quote Originally Posted by Davemcc View Post
    As far as I can tell, the location function is an on/off function for all apps. I would like to allow some apps (like a phone finder) and deny other apps access to location. Is this possible?

Google, Facebook, etc. do not need to know my location however much they think they would like to.
    Download this. It allows you to set or deny any permissions for each app, including location. Just don't go crazy with it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....appopsstarter

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Download this. It allows you to set or deny any permissions for each app, including location. Just don't go crazy with it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....appopsstarter

Thanks. I notice on that app's page the following: "Update: Google has removed all possibilities to start the "App Ops" on non-rooted Android 4.4.2 devices. Until today no backdoor was found to give you easy access to this feature."

Would this mean that this app will not work on my phone in it's factory condition?

Thanks. I notice on that app's page the following: "Update: Google has removed all possibilities to start the "App Ops" on non-rooted Android 4.4.2 devices. Until today no backdoor was found to give you easy access to this feature."

Would this mean that this app will not work on my phone in it's factory condition?
    No. It works. I use it on this device in factory condition.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No. It works. I use it on this device in factory condition.

Cool. Thanks. Downloading now.

Cool. Thanks. Downloading now.
    Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Just don't go crazy with it.
    I think I might have. I denied location to pretty much everything except Lookout and Weather Widget.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.
    Everything looks good. Thanks again. That's one major concern with this phone solved.

I think I might have. I denied location to pretty much everything except Lookout and Weather Widget.
    I meant don't go denying everything to the point where your apps won't even work. Lol but sounds good! Its always worked well for me.

Everything looks good. Thanks again. That's one major concern with this phone solved.
    You have other problems?

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

The other major issue I have is when using Bluetooth music in a Sync with MyFord system. It won't let me use the skip song buttons. I can't stand listening to certain songs if I'm not in the mood for them but I can't skip them using this phone with my version of Sync. I've tried with both of my 2013 Fords and neither works with that function. However, it works fine with the Alpine stereo in my wife's vehicle so it's probably not the phone.

The other major issue I have is when using Bluetooth music in a Sync with MyFord system. It won't let me use the skip song buttons. I can't stand listening to certain songs if I'm not in the mood for them but I can't skip them using this phone with my version of Sync. I've tried with both of my 2013 Fords and neither works with that function. However, it works fine with the Alpine stereo in my wife's vehicle so it's probably not the phone.
    That could just be a software conflict with that particular system. That stinks though. There could always be a software update to fix that though.