Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard suggestions for HTC One M8

I was going to stay with the stock keyboard then saw two possible replacements. One was a 30 day trial, other was free. The free is called TouchPal X. While one has a pro, the other lacks that pro but still has other pros. So is this a good replacement?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

Default Re: Keyboard suggestions for HTC One M8

I've been very happy using SwiftKey. I started using Swype, but switched to SwiftKey about 2 years ago, and haven't looked back.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
    pootyash likes this.

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    I've been very happy using SwiftKey. I started using Swype, but switched to SwiftKey about 2 years ago, and haven't looked back.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.
    SwiftKey is a great keyboard.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Typing on Fleksy at the moment. Been using SwiftKey for years though. I happened to like the stock HTC keyboard, but I like trying different things too.

Fleksy has a steep learning curve but it's free and something fun to play with!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

I tried to stick with the stock keyboard for a while but ultimately switched to SwiftKey as I always have. It just works great all around.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

While I do think swiftkey looks good, that is the app that is one month free then pay

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

It's only a one time payment of what, $2.99? Well worth it imo...even if it was $5
    bigoldthor likes this.

I personally use Fleksy right now. It takes a little getting used to but you basically end up with two months trial time to get used to the keyboard before deciding whether or not I should buy it. I had SwiftKey, bit the reason I switched is because Fleksy had a better layout and felt nicer to type on for some reason. Also Fleksy is half off right now and so its only half the price of all the other paid keyboard apps.

Swiftkey and Swype. And actually the stock keyboard that's already on the M8 is pretty good and accurate.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I was a longtime user of SwiftKey, but I am just faster typing instead of swiping tbh.

Thanks for the Fleksy suggestion! I'm loving this keyboard!

I use SwiftKey and am very happy with it. I use on my personal HTC One M8 my work phone and my Galaxy tablet.
    It is a personal favorite.

Fleksy! I had been using SwiftKey for a year and converted. It took me a day or two to get acquainted with the layout and gestures. Give it a chance.
    Thanked by 2:

I stick with the Google keyboard you can download from Google Play. Does a good job of recognizing voice input and predicting words I use a lot - I've only had it a few weeks and already Atlanta Braves is a suggested word in a lot of instances, and most instances that's correct. I don't use the Swype-style option for the Google keyboard, but it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by android jack View Post
    I was going to stay with the stock keyboard then saw two possible replacements. One was a 30 day trial, other was free. The free is called TouchPal X. While one has a pro, the other lacks that pro but still has other pros. So is this a good replacement?

I used TouchPal X for a little but, but I couldn't get used to the autocorrect. It's terrible compared to SwiftKey or even the stock keyboard. SwiftKey is well worth the money, and you can download the beta if you want to try it out for longer.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

I currently use SwiftKey, but it has some problems with it, mainly with Flow randomly activating when typing and it remembering random things I don't want it to remember. I also tried out Fleksy and I love the look of it, but it doesn't feel as fast as something like SwiftKey. I don't see how swiping right for spaces is any faster. If anything, it's slower since tapping space is just a tap but swiping right takes longer and always seems to activate random letters. Maybe I need to give it more time, but at the moment, it could use some work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

I absolutely love swiftkey and I am a paid user. but, i have been using their beta version they made available. I love their beta. I like using the emojis and they aren't available on the normal keyboard. They are on the beta. Yes, I do have a 14 year old daughter.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    I absolutely love swiftkey and I am a paid user. but, i have been using their beta version they made available. I love their beta. I like using the emojis and they aren't available on the normal keyboard. They are on the beta. Yes, I do have a 14 year old daughter.

Dave
    Yea the Beta is good I like the number row and the emojis.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

The only thing I hate about stock keyboard for example if I type in secu and I choose "security" as the fill in the next word will include "secu".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Matei View Post
    I currently use SwiftKey, but it has some problems with it, mainly with Flow randomly activating when typing and it remembering random things I don't want it to remember. I also tried out Fleksy and I love the look of it, but it doesn't feel as fast as something like SwiftKey. I don't see how swiping right for spaces is any faster. If anything, it's slower since tapping space is just a tap but swiping right takes longer and always seems to activate random letters. Maybe I need to give it more time, but at the moment, it could use some work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations
    Oddly enough, somebody set a new world's record for typing on a phone and the keyboard they did it with was Fleksy. I don't understand how people get to typing so fast with it. I like the keyboard don't get me wrong, but I spent nearly a week with it set as my default and the fastest I ever achieved on typing the record text was a bronze medal...barely.

I have Swype, Fleksy, Google, and SwiftKey keyboards installed (I think I have paid versions of every major keyboard except Fleksy lol) and using Swype at the moment, but I'm missing the Flow of SwiftKey cause with that I can swipe around 5-6 words at once depending on the length and not have to take my finger off the keyboard. Google is nice too but Swype and SwiftKey both offer the mini keyboard settings. In landscape mode I have each set as a mini keyboard on the right so I can swipe with one thumb and each the entire layout easily without having to stretch about.

I'll probably end up rotating through all the keyboards, one per week just to keep things fresh. Maybe one day sometime will click in my head and I'll understand how one can type so fast with Fleksy. I remember a record set ages ago, and for that one they used Swype. Oh how times change.

Global Posts
    21,584 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Google keyboard for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HarvesterX™ View Post
    Oddly enough, somebody set a new world's record for typing on a phone and the keyboard they did it with was Fleksy. I don't understand how people get to typing so fast with it. I like the keyboard don't get me wrong, but I spent nearly a week with it set as my default and the fastest I ever achieved on typing the record text was a bronze medal...barely.

I have Swype, Fleksy, Google, and SwiftKey keyboards installed (I think I have paid versions of every major keyboard except Fleksy lol) and using Swype at the moment, but I'm missing the Flow of SwiftKey cause with that I can swipe around 5-6 words at once depending on the length and not have to take my finger off the keyboard. Google is nice too but Swype and SwiftKey both offer the mini keyboard settings. In landscape mode I have each set as a mini keyboard on the right so I can swipe with one thumb and each the entire layout easily without having to stretch about.

I'll probably end up rotating through all the keyboards, one per week just to keep things fresh. Maybe one day sometime will click in my head and I'll understand how one can type so fast with Fleksy. I remember a record set ages ago, and for that one they used Swype. Oh how times change.
    Yeah, I'm actually using it right now and I like it better than SwiftKey if I'm going to be typing two handed. However, Flow and Swype are extremely useful and I don't know how I will do without it. I'll continue to use it and I'll see if it'll replace SwiftKey for me.

I'm currently using Fleksy. Quick and easy once you get the hang of it!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Every android keyboard I've used sucks. The best of them however is SwiftKey

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Every android keyboard I've used sucks. The best of them however is SwiftKey
    The only platform that has better keyboards than Android is Blackberry. Windows Phone's is pretty average and iOS's is awful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast