Keyboard suggestions for HTC One M8

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was going to stay with the stock keyboard then saw two possible replacements. One was a 30 day trial, other was free. The free is called TouchPal X. While one has a pro, the other lacks that pro but still has other pros. So is this a good replacement?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been very happy using SwiftKey. I started using Swype, but switched to SwiftKey about 2 years ago, and haven't looked back.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Ted Ockels

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Typing on Fleksy at the moment. Been using SwiftKey for years though. I happened to like the stock HTC keyboard, but I like trying different things too.

Fleksy has a steep learning curve but it's free and something fun to play with!

Posted via Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried to stick with the stock keyboard for a while but ultimately switched to SwiftKey as I always have. It just works great all around.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
While I do think swiftkey looks good, that is the app that is one month free then pay

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I personally use Fleksy right now. It takes a little getting used to but you basically end up with two months trial time to get used to the keyboard before deciding whether or not I should buy it. I had SwiftKey, bit the reason I switched is because Fleksy had a better layout and felt nicer to type on for some reason. Also Fleksy is half off right now and so its only half the price of all the other paid keyboard apps.

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey and Swype. And actually the stock keyboard that's already on the M8 is pretty good and accurate.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and am very happy with it. I use on my personal HTC One M8 my work phone and my Galaxy tablet.
It is a personal favorite.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Fleksy! I had been using SwiftKey for a year and converted. It took me a day or two to get acquainted with the layout and gestures. Give it a chance.

johnnex72

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I stick with the Google keyboard you can download from Google Play. Does a good job of recognizing voice input and predicting words I use a lot - I've only had it a few weeks and already Atlanta Braves is a suggested word in a lot of instances, and most instances that's correct. I don't use the Swype-style option for the Google keyboard, but it is available.

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I was going to stay with the stock keyboard then saw two possible replacements. One was a 30 day trial, other was free. The free is called TouchPal X. While one has a pro, the other lacks that pro but still has other pros. So is this a good replacement?

I used TouchPal X for a little but, but I couldn't get used to the autocorrect. It's terrible compared to SwiftKey or even the stock keyboard. SwiftKey is well worth the money, and you can download the beta if you want to try it out for longer.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8730639)

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I currently use SwiftKey, but it has some problems with it, mainly with Flow randomly activating when typing and it remembering random things I don't want it to remember. I also tried out Fleksy and I love the look of it, but it doesn't feel as fast as something like SwiftKey. I don't see how swiping right for spaces is any faster. If anything, it's slower since tapping space is just a tap but swiping right takes longer and always seems to activate random letters. Maybe I need to give it more time, but at the moment, it could use some work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app

DKatman

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love swiftkey and I am a paid user. but, i have been using their beta version they made available. I love their beta. I like using the emojis and they aren't available on the normal keyboard. They are on the beta. Yes, I do have a 14 year old daughter.

Dave

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love swiftkey and I am a paid user. but, i have been using their beta version they made available. I love their beta. I like using the emojis and they aren't available on the normal keyboard. They are on the beta. Yes, I do have a 14 year old daughter.

Dave

Yea the Beta is good I like the number row and the emojis.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I hate about stock keyboard for example if I type in secu and I choose "security" as the fill in the next word will include "secu".

HarvesterX?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I currently use SwiftKey, but it has some problems with it, mainly with Flow randomly activating when typing and it remembering random things I don't want it to remember. I also tried out Fleksy and I love the look of it, but it doesn't feel as fast as something like SwiftKey. I don't see how swiping right for spaces is any faster. If anything, it's slower since tapping space is just a tap but swiping right takes longer and always seems to activate random letters. Maybe I need to give it more time, but at the moment, it could use some work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations

Oddly enough, somebody set a new world's record for typing on a phone and the keyboard they did it with was Fleksy. I don't understand how people get to typing so fast with it. I like the keyboard don't get me wrong, but I spent nearly a week with it set as my default and the fastest I ever achieved on typing the record text was a bronze medal...barely.

I have Swype, Fleksy, Google, and SwiftKey keyboards installed (I think I have paid versions of every major keyboard except Fleksy lol) and using Swype at the moment, but I'm missing the Flow of SwiftKey cause with that I can swipe around 5-6 words at once depending on the length and not have to take my finger off the keyboard. Google is nice too but Swype and SwiftKey both offer the mini keyboard settings. In landscape mode I have each set as a mini keyboard on the right so I can swipe with one thumb and each the entire layout easily without having to stretch about.

I'll probably end up rotating through all the keyboards, one per week just to keep things fresh. Maybe one day sometime will click in my head and I'll understand how one can type so fast with Fleksy. I remember a record set ages ago, and for that one they used Swype. Oh how times change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs