Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) Update probs with text boxes

I got my M8 on day 2 of release. Have found it a breeze to use until yesterday when it updated. Since the update any websites, Facebook, email etc where I need to use the keyboard the text box on the page isn't visible as the page will no longer scroll once the keyboard is on the screen. Never been a problem before now. It means I'm replying, commenting, emailing etc blind & therefore impossible. Anyone else had this? I don't know what to do, tried contacting HTC support but to no avail.

Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HTC One (M8) Update probs with text boxes

Quote Originally Posted by kylesm View Post
    I got my M8 on day 2 of release. Have found it a breeze to use until yesterday when it updated. Since the update any websites, Facebook, email etc where I need to use the keyboard the text box on the page isn't visible as the page will no longer scroll once the keyboard is on the screen. Never been a problem before now. It means I'm replying, commenting, emailing etc blind & therefore impossible. Anyone else had this? I don't know what to do, tried contacting HTC support but to no avail.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. Here is how: [Guide] How to reboot into Stock Recovery on HTC One M8

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I followed the process which was easy to do, however it hasn't changed anything with my phone. Another oddity is when I triple tap to zoom in I get a blue box around the outside of the screen. I still cannot comment on Facebook posts at all. I rely on Facebook for a non-prof org I work for so am unable to keep up with my commitments. Thanks for the advice thus far.

Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kylesm View Post
    I followed the process which was easy to do, however it hasn't changed anything with my phone. Another oddity is when I triple tap to zoom in I get a blue box around the outside of the screen. I still cannot comment on Facebook posts at all. I rely on Facebook for a non-prof org I work for so am unable to keep up with my commitments. Thanks for the advice thus far.
    Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here