Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8)- Seemingly random connectivity issues

Hey guys! First things first, I just switched from iPhone to Android and haven't posted here before, so please let me know if this is in the wrong spot.

Anyways, I got a brand new HTC One M8 from Verizon a few weeks ago. So far it's been working okay except for a few problems. The most frustrating one is the fact that the phone sometimes says I'm not connected to the internet even when I have a strong 4G signal. Turning on airplane mode, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back off will display the message "Preparing Sim card" and usually fix the problem. Occasionally I need to restart the phone to fix it.

Whenever this problem occurs, I see the 4G icon in the top of the screen, but the send/receive arrows don't light up. I've checked to make sure mobile data is turned on, and that I'm in an area with a strong signal. The problem occurs in lots of different places, not just one area.

Have any of you had similar problems? This is pretty strange. I've seen some posts saying you can modify the CDMA Access Point names, but I'm not sure if that's even related. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: HTC One (M8)- Seemingly random connectivity issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jman1177 View Post
    Hey guys! First things first, I just switched from iPhone to Android and haven't posted here before, so please let me know if this is in the wrong spot.

Anyways, I got a brand new HTC One M8 from Verizon a few weeks ago. So far it's been working okay except for a few problems. The most frustrating one is the fact that the phone sometimes says I'm not connected to the internet even when I have a strong 4G signal. Turning on airplane mode, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back off will display the message "Preparing Sim card" and usually fix the problem. Occasionally I need to restart the phone to fix it.

Whenever this problem occurs, I see the 4G icon in the top of the screen, but the send/receive arrows don't light up. I've checked to make sure mobile data is turned on, and that I'm in an area with a strong signal. The problem occurs in lots of different places, not just one area.

Have any of you had similar problems? This is pretty strange. I've seen some posts saying you can modify the CDMA Access Point names, but I'm not sure if that's even related. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Do you ever drop signal randomly?
    You could try shutting down the phone, removing the Sim card and reinserting it, then restart phone.

I had signal issues with mine as well (att) so I used the Sim in another phone for two days and then put it back into my One and now its working fine.

You could also try getting another Sim from Verizon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/Netarchy CFS

I believe this is a KitKat issue. My Nexus 5 started doing this when I got 4.4.2 and it was extremely frustrating. I eventually sold it and bought this phone, but it has the same issues. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but Nexus 5 owners have been waiting for a fix for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman1177 View Post

Sounds like Verizon is also having some LTE handoff issues.

Have my m8 for a week now and I am having the same problem with Verizon, mobile data randomly drops and I have to turn mobile data off and back on to get it back working. I'll show having normal 4g connection and data just stops.

Love this phone but this is completely annoying and a possible returnworthy problem. Found a tmobile support thread with the same exact issue, also found Sprint... different carriers which points to hardware or OS problem. Anyone else have this issue and figure out how to fix?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk