Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mchockeyvette27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE M8 Problem with mobile hotspot

Hi I'm from Argentina!, I just bought an HTC one m8 unlocked from at&t (by mistake) and because of that, I can't activate mobile hotspot witch is necessary to get my daily work done. Is there any solution for this without rooting my phone? And by the way it hasn't update yet is this normal?
    Many Thanks! Hope someone could help me!

Default Re: HTC ONE M8 Problem with mobile hotspot

Quote Originally Posted by Brunnaso View Post
    Hi I'm from Argentina!, I just bought an HTC one m8 unlocked from at&t (by mistake) and because of that, I can't activate mobile hotspot witch is necessary to get my daily work done. Is there any solution for this without rooting my phone? And by the way it hasn't update yet is this normal?
    Many Thanks! Hope someone could help me!
    So this is an att branded phone that's unlocked? What network are you using?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Brunnaso likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes it is AT&T branded, unlocked and I'm using an Argentinian network (Claro).
    Thanks for your concern.

Yes it is AT&T branded, unlocked and I'm using an Argentinian network (Claro).
    Thanks for your concern.
    Do you have a mobile hotspot plan that enables it?
    Also, you should get updates, however I'm not sure if you need an activated att Sim to get the updates.

Posted via Android Central App
    Brunnaso likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes i have that feature enabled (in Argentina we don't have restrictions with mobile hotspot in any plan). Moreover, in all my previous phones I've been using it without problems... I don't want to change my phone again!! I really appreciate your dedication in this issue. Thank you very much!!

Yes i have that feature enabled (in Argentina we don't have restrictions with mobile hotspot in any plan). Moreover, in all my previous phones I've been using it without problems... I don't want to change my phone again!! I really appreciate your dedication in this issue. Thank you very much!!
    So I did some searching and reading around. What I came up with is any att branded phone that is unlocked, doesn't have the proper software/programming to use mobile hotspots on another carrier.

One guy said he got past this issue by using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.wifi.free
    However I doubt this will work. I couldn't even get the app to turn my hotspot on. But give it a try.

So it seems like rooting would be the only way to truly get around this is. Sorry about it, but those seem to be the restrictions.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Brunnaso likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Many thanks for your help!!! you where right, it doesn't work... I'll study the pros and cons of rooting because I've never done it before and it seems to be the only solution... I really appreciate your help and dedication to find a solution!
    Greetings.

Many thanks for your help!!! you where right, it doesn't work... I'll study the pros and cons of rooting because I've never done it before and it seems to be the only solution... I really appreciate your help and dedication to find a solution!
    Greetings.
    I've rooted all my android devices except for the m8 and moto x. There really isn't any downside to rooting. It can be a hassle to unroot and get it back to stock if you ever needed to, but it really does open up so many more doors if you don't mind a little hackery. You can remove all of the bloatware, get the hotspot, change a lot more system settings to your personal preference. There's just so much you can do if you are into that kind of stuff.

Posted via Android Central App
    Brunnaso likes this.

Hola! pudiste resolver el problema de hotspot? estoy en la misma situaciĆ³n.
    Ademas pudiste usar la red 4G? a mi la de Personal no la detecta.

gracias
    adrian

After searching so many days. i found the solution accidentally

My Simple Answer is "Disable LAN" on Desktop

How You Do That?

open network and sharing center >> change adapter settings >> Local Area Connection (Right Click to Disable)

then connect your desktop with your htc hotspot

See the magic.

Like my answer if it work for you as well

Bro i'm having the same problem, i can't use Hotspot....

And i don't know hot to disable LAN, i can't find that option in the menu.... would you please helpme??
    By the way, im running android Lollipop 5.0.1.....

Thanks for your help!!

Amigo ya pudiste resolver el problema?

hey bro that problem is that your having only a demo unit not the official device so u gonna need to root it and install a custom rom to get all the option okey