Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    I'm not sure what happened recently but the Auto Backup in the Google+ Photos app has not been working for me. It just says "backing up... 9 left" and never backs up the photos. It's been working fine up until a few days ago. I have plenty of space on my google account.
    I cleared out the apps data cache, didn't seem to help. Anyone else having issues recently? Any other suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Make sure it's not set up for just Wi-Fi if your trying over cellular data.

    Armadillo, the other white meat.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    Make sure it's not set up for just Wi-Fi if your trying over cellular data.

    Armadillo, the other white meat.
    It is set to only Wifi, and I am on Wifi at home. I only want to to upload over Wifi.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordGreylock View Post
    I'm not sure what happened recently but the Auto Backup in the Google+ Photos app has not been working for me. It just says "backing up... 9 left" and never backs up the photos. It's been working fine up until a few days ago. I have plenty of space on my google account.
    I cleared out the apps data cache, didn't seem to help. Anyone else having issues recently? Any other suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you checking it when your battery is low?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Are you checking it when your battery is low?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    My battery isn't low. It's rarely below 40%. Right now its at 71%.
  6. #6  
    Dogmann's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Hi LordGreylock,

    Its been reported on various sites that some of the Google services are and have been having issues over the last few days that seems to be what may be causing your issues.

    Marc
    HTC One M8 16GB Gun Metal Grey WWE
    Motorola Xoom
    The only problem with common sense is that it's just not that common.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmann View Post
    Hi LordGreylock,

    Its been reported on various sites that some of the Google services are and have been having issues over the last few days that seems to be what may be causing your issues.

    Marc
    Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about that, but it may indeed be my issue.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    It always gives problems, that's why I disabled it. It seems to remove photos from Google plus once I delete it off my phone
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    I'm also seeing this issue. Just shows Backing Up...11 left and not moving. I'm on WiFi.

    My Battery is low with only 25% at the moment. I just put it on the charger to see if that is the issue.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Mine still refuses to back up. Been like this for days now. I went through all the typical troubleshooting. Still hoping it will just resolve itself and it's on the back-end.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordGreylock View Post
    Mine still refuses to back up. Been like this for days now. I went through all the typical troubleshooting. Still hoping it will just resolve itself and it's on the back-end.
    Yeah.... I switched to backup Over Wi-Fi or mobile network and it uploaded the photos. It did use my WiFi when it uploaded the photos. I switched it back to WiFi only and took another pic and of course it's stuck.... I don't know...
    MoshuXXL likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickms80 View Post
    Yeah.... I switched to backup Over Wi-Fi or mobile network and it uploaded the photos. It did use my WiFi when it uploaded the photos. I switched it back to WiFi only and took another pic and of course it's stuck.... I don't know...
    Ha, yep I just tried that and it worked, then back on Wifi only, doesn't work. Unfortunately my data plan is pretty low so I definitely don't want to upload these photos over that connection.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    I'll post if I here something. FYI...Was working fine today until I reset my phone... Frustrating.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    I found it! Data manager had marked every access point I've used as Mobile Hotspot. Unchecked them all and now WiFi only sync works.

    Go to Data Manager hit menu then Mobile Hotspots. Checkout the screenshots.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.-4073.jpg   Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.-4074.jpg  
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    oh wow, good work!
    I wonder why they were all marked as hotspots. Took care of my issue right away!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Question. Which carrier branded version do you have or unlocked? Wondering if this is just an at&t thing. I of course have the at&t branded version.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Mine's AT&T branded.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    So I think it does this since the last OTA enabling Extreme Power-saving mode.. Any new Wireless Networks I connect to are marked as mobile hotspots. Once I uncheck them they're never marked again. Only if I delete the network and reconnect is when it checks it again.

    Does yours exhibit that behavior?
    njlx2016 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickms80 View Post
    So I think it does this since the last OTA enabling Extreme Power-saving mode.. Any new Wireless Networks I connect to are marked as mobile hotspots. Once I uncheck them they're never marked again. Only if I delete the network and reconnect is when it checks it again.

    Does yours exhibit that behavior?
    I can confirm this is exactly what mine is doing, it's extremely frustrating when I'm on new wifi networks.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    The hotspot thing worked for me too. Now that it's a "true" wifi connection, it will upload automatically. The only lasting problem is that I have a few weeks of pictures/videos that have not uploaded due to this issue that I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to force upload. Google+ says auto backup is up to date. I've done the "back up all" command a few times with no luck. Google+ sees the photos on the phone but can't "see" them to upload. No idea what's wrong. Any thoughts?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Carrier: T-Mobile; Model: HTC One m8; Android version 4.4.2; HTC Sense version: 6.0; Software Number: 1.57.531.7; HTC SDK API level: 6.17.

    I have the same issue, but my only solution is to keep it on "Over Wi-Fi or mobile network". Even if I switch over every Wi-Fi location to being a normal Wi-Fi connection inside of the Data Manager, I still get this problem.

    So I'm going to let it all upload for now with this mobile network switched on, and try to figure out later how to fix this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Wow, I was having the same issue and this worked for me. Unchecked the mobile Hotspot and like magic it worked. I couldn't figure out why for the life of me the uploads were stuck! Thanks for this.

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Thank you rickms80 for the catch. I can confirm the same problem (and solution) on the M7 since the last update.
    The only difference is the path: Settings > More > Data usage > [menu] > Mobile Hotspots
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    Just had this issue too, thanks for the post!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Google plus auto backup not working for the past several days.

    have similar issue but not case for me, it just gets stuck sometimes and keeps trying, uses battery like crazy when this happens. gonna go back to charging only and try that
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Android: The Foundation OS
    By z33dev33l in forum Phone Wars
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 01:12 AM
  2. Auto Rotate Not Working After Root
    By Tom Little in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 02:00 PM
  3. Thoughts on the Lenovo S860
    By z33dev33l in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 03:25 AM
  4. Automatic Comment Control for Instagram
    By Dan Rice1 in forum Android App Inventor
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions