HTC One (M8) Does the HTC Stereo Headset RC E195 support FM radio antenna?

enuffsaid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering buying the HTC Stereo Headset RC E195. I can't see any info on this headset supporting an antenna for FM radio.

Do any of you know if it does? Any good (not too expensive) alternatives that are not "in ear"?

Thnx.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering buying the HTC Stereo Headset RC E195. I can't see any info on this headset supporting an antenna for FM radio.

Do any of you know if it does? Any good (not too expensive) alternatives that are not "in ear"?

Thnx.

Any wired headset or earbuds that plugs into the jack of the the M8 will act as an antenna for FM Radio reception. NextRadio is a good fm radio app.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

enuffsaid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Bukcifvr.

I was under the impression that the FM radio compatible earphones would have an additional ring on the jack. Although the 3.5" jack for these earphones does seem to have that extra ring none of the sites in The Netherlands that sell these earphones make mention of FM compatibility, neither does Amazon. So that got me kind of worried. Thanks for clearing that up.

My M8 came with an "FM Radio" app preinstalled. I bought it retail from a store, so no phone operator branding.

I'm ordering these earphones tomorrow. Thanks very much for your reply.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thnx.

An aux speaker cable also often works for antenna but especially if the other end is plugged into a stereo. My Flex gets plugged into a powered speaker that way and the tuner works fine.

enuffsaid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Got the earphones today. They sound so much better than the ones I used from my Apple iPod classic. FM reception isn't that bad either. Time to put my iPod classic up for sale. :)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The extra ring is for the mic.
2 ring is for standard headphones. It will have 3 points of contact separated by 2 rings. 1 for ground, 1 for left speaker and 1 for right speaker.
If it has 3 rings, that gives you 4 points of contact. 1 ground, 1 left speaker, 1 right speaker, 1 microphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781