New phone - first problem

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I knew this would happen.
My original phone was perfect (apart form the modified screen missing bits of glass ;) )
Other than that it was perfect, build quality was outstanding and it was flawless.

Got the new insurance replacement today and I'm restoring it at the mo and have noticed a flickering white pixel at the top of the screen which only shows when you pull the notification panel down.

Grrrr....

Do I go another three weeks and wait for yet another replacement that might be worse (and so on)
Or just try to live with it without groaning everytime I see the fault?

These pixel problems can they ever resolve themselves or are they like it forever?

Grrrr.... Again....

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Strange thing is it's not always there.
Sometimes it's fine other times I can see it flickering.

I'll wait till the phone has finished updating then settled down and see if it comes back.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Bummer! I've never had a problem like that. Maybe it'll resolve itself as the screen gets used more.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Hold_on_2_ur_hat

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sounds more like a "hot" rather than "dead" pixel.
Dead pixel's usually show up black,and when they die,they stay dead.
"Hot" pixel's do come and go,but are more to be found in the view screen of DSLR camera's.
As for a fix,sorry but i don't have one,though it might cool down and stop being a problem with use.
Sorry for not being able to help more.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I think dead is probably the wrong word.
The phone was working really hard for a sustained amount of time whilst auto updating 90 apps and downloading the update, my old HTC settings etc.
Since the furious activity has stopped I haven't seen the flickering pixel yet.

Lets hope :)

Hold_on_2_ur_hat

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Lets hope that the nasty little"pixel"has saw sense and decided to work properly.:-X
Might have just got a bit hot and bothered at having to do so much work in such a short time.
Here's hopeing anyways.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I know there are dead pixel test apps that sometimes have a feature to get rid of stuck pixels. Maybe try one of those?

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs