Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Backup disabled Verizon M8

I have a feeling this is on purpose, but is anyone else using a Verizon htc one m8, unable to get their htc account to sync? I want to use HTC's backup function but for some reason it won't let me. My guess is that Verizon wants you to use their cloud. I contacted htc and they said that's probably why, but could not confirm that and suggested I contact Verizon. Any help or feedback would be much appreciated!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: HTC Backup disabled Verizon M8

Did you ever get a resolution to your issue?

I found this on the HTC Sense webpage;

"Why are some of the HTCSense.com services no longer available?
    HTCSense.com is undergoing a renovation to improve the services and value we deliver to customers like you. Until the new services are ready, features previously available on HTCSense.com will no longer be available. If you would like phone location or backup services for your device, please visit Google Play (formerly called Android Market) and download an application the best meets your needs."

Sounds like HTC backup is intentionally down, by HTC, and they don't really have any publicity about it returning.

I was wondering the same thing. I log into my htc account, but cant sync . must be Verizon wanting you to use their cloud. I use dropbox and google cloud mostly

I don't get why everyone seems to date the Verizon cloud anyways. They give tons of storage per line for free on share everything and its reliable. Honestly, given the way these services come and go everywhere else I feel more secure using the carriers service anyways.

Armadillo, the other white meat.
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts

For those who are interested (I just found this out) there is a download over on the XDA forums, it's a simple .apk file that requires no root or anything. It works flawless and has helped me out of jams. It's easily the best backup solution out for any platform. What it does is wireless backup your phone to your HTC account, instead or wired using the HTC Sync Manager app. It syncs apps, contacts, screen layouts (super important to me yet to find any other that does this), and pretty much everything else you'd want backed up. If you ever get another HTC phone use the HTC backup on your new phone and it sets up your new HTC phone up in minutes - right where you left off. Screen layout wise, etc. Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589902

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Past Phones: Various Pre-Paids, LG Envy 2, Black Berry 8330, Black Berry Storm 1 & Storm 2, Motorola Droid X, X2, Galaxy Nexus
    Current Phone: HTC One M8 w/ 64GB Micro SD > Fiio E6 AMP> Sony XBA4 EIMS
    Tablet: Motorola Xoom 32GB WiFi w/ 32GB Micro SD > Fiio E6 AMP> Sony XBA4 EIMS
    Past and Current Networks: Past: Sprint. Current: Verizon Wireless.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilmak View Post
    For those who are interested (I just found this out) there is a download over on the XDA forums, it's a simple .apk file that requires no root or anything. It works flawless and has helped me out of jams. It's easily the best backup solution out for any platform. What it does is wireless backup your phone to your HTC account, instead or wired using the HTC Sync Manager app. It syncs apps, contacts, screen layouts (super important to me yet to find any other that does this), and pretty much everything else you'd want backed up. If you ever get another HTC phone use the HTC backup on your new phone and it sets up your new HTC phone up in minutes - right where you left off. Screen layout wise, etc. Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589902
    The Verizon M8 doesn't come with that app and option alraedy on your phone? That's odd if not and why would Verizon remove it. My Htc backup is in settings/backup & Reset

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    The Verizon M8 doesn't come with that app and option alraedy on your phone? That's odd if not and why would Verizon remove it. My Htc backup is in settings/backup & Reset
    Verizon removed it from their M8. They want you to use their cloud system to back up your phone. You only get a certain amount of space free with them and have to pay for more where HTC doesn't charge you anything to back up your phone. It's another way for them to make more money. But like Cyrilmak stated, you can download the APK (without having to root) and go from there. That's what I did.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by dmoss7 View Post
    Verizon removed it from their M8. They want you to use their cloud system to back up your phone. You only get a certain amount of space free with them and have to pay for more where HTC doesn't charge you anything to back up your phone. It's another way for them to make more money. But like Cyrilmak stated, you can download the APK (without having to root) and go from there. That's what I did.
    Im on Sprint, Did you guys get the the free 50 gigsof Google Drive which just not to long ago they gave us another 50 for a total of a 100 gigs for a year

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Im on Sprint, Did you guys get the the free 50 gigsof Google Drive which just not to long ago they gave us another 50 for a total of a 100 gigs for a year
    I did, but I can't vouch for others.