Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Backup disabled Verizon M8

I have a feeling this is on purpose, but is anyone else using a Verizon htc one m8, unable to get their htc account to sync? I want to use HTC's backup function but for some reason it won't let me. My guess is that Verizon wants you to use their cloud. I contacted htc and they said that's probably why, but could not confirm that and suggested I contact Verizon. Any help or feedback would be much appreciated!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: HTC Backup disabled Verizon M8

Did you ever get a resolution to your issue?

I found this on the HTC Sense webpage;

"Why are some of the HTCSense.com services no longer available?
    HTCSense.com is undergoing a renovation to improve the services and value we deliver to customers like you. Until the new services are ready, features previously available on HTCSense.com will no longer be available. If you would like phone location or backup services for your device, please visit Google Play (formerly called Android Market) and download an application the best meets your needs."

Sounds like HTC backup is intentionally down, by HTC, and they don't really have any publicity about it returning.

I was wondering the same thing. I log into my htc account, but cant sync . must be Verizon wanting you to use their cloud. I use dropbox and google cloud mostly

I don't get why everyone seems to date the Verizon cloud anyways. They give tons of storage per line for free on share everything and its reliable. Honestly, given the way these services come and go everywhere else I feel more secure using the carriers service anyways.

Armadillo, the other white meat.