Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default phone just shut off

Anybody else experience this ? I was using my phone and it had battery then all the sudden it flashed the zero battery symbol and shut off and now it has no battery. I'm charging from zero Really wierd

Default Re: phone just shut off

Quote Originally Posted by RRHMJ23 View Post
    Anybody else experience this ? I was using my phone and it had battery then all the sudden it flashed the zero battery symbol and shut off and now it has no battery. I'm charging from zero Really wierd
    Approximately how much battery did you have before it shut off? Were you doing something on the phone causing it to get very hot?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. The phone wasn't hot. I'm not sure exactly how much battery but it wasn't low enough to shut off. I didn't receive a low battery warning or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preformer19 View Post
    Approximately how much battery did you have before it shut off? Were you doing something on the phone causing it to get very hot?

The only time I've seen that happen was on a Droid Razr, but it did get very hot to the touch. Almost dangerously so. We sent it in for warranty claim and the rep we talked to on the phone said it sounded like the battery shorted internally and self discharged. I'd almost suspect that with yours, but maybe not since you said it didn't get hot.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    The only time I've seen that happen was on a Droid Razr, but it did get very hot to the touch. Almost dangerously so. We sent it in for warranty claim and the rep we talked to on the phone said it sounded like the battery shorted internally and self discharged. I'd almost suspect that with yours, but maybe not since you said it didn't get hot.
    . Nope didn't get Hot. was working normal and has been since i charged it.

Maybe it was just a freak occurrence. I assume your phone is now back on and all is well? If it happens again, I would try a factory reset. If it happens after the reset, I would call HTC.

Is it back on now?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Lilshaq65 View Post
    Is it back on now? Yes it happened last night. I charged it and ever since its been fine. I called two Sprint stores and asked their techs and they never heard of that happening to the M8. Maybe I should call HTC

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk