Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AKFL3TCH3R
  • 1 Post By dty06
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Hey guys! Anyone ever want to be able to use Sense and BlinkFeed but also customize stuff? Like icons? Well there's an app for that which doesn't require root! I don't know how new it is, or how old, but its called Beautiful Icon Styler.
    Just thought I'd share for proof..

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stock Launcher-15467.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Default Re: Stock Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    Hey guys! Anyone ever want to be able to use Sense and BlinkFeed but also customize stuff? Like icons? Well there's an app for that which doesn't require root! I don't know how new it is, or how old, but its called Beautiful Icon Styler.
    Just thought I'd share for proof..

Ooooo.... so I can have my minimalistic home screen with Blinkfeed to the left.... You just gave me something to do for the next few hours.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Poseign View Post
    Ooooo.... so I can have my minimalistic home screen with Blinkfeed to the left.... You just gave me something to do for the next few hours.
    Glad I could help

Poseign likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It doesnt change the icons in the drawer though. It might in a future update.

Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    It doesnt change the icons in the drawer though. It might in a future update.

That is a non-issue. Im not seeing an option to remove app names either though. is that possible? or is this icon modification only?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That is a non-issue. Im not seeing an option to remove app names either though. is that possible? or is this icon modification only?
    I'm not sure. I think its just the icon modification.

Arrow Re: Stock Launcher

Whilst this needs some work, I thank you for bringing this to my attention- it is definitely something I have been after. I note that in the app description it says The app only style the home screen icons; icons in app drawer stay the original- so I doubt any upgrades..nor do I think Android would let you go that far on a stock launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nancarrow View Post
    Whilst this needs some work, I thank you for bringing this to my attention- it is definitely something I have been after. I note that in the app description it says The app only style the home screen icons; icons in app drawer stay the original- so I doubt any upgrades..nor do I think Android would let you go that far on a stock launcher.
    Android is designed to be customized. HTC's launcher may not, though, so the issue wouldn't be with Android but with the Blinkfeed launcher. The app likely wouldn't change launcher icons due to the countless different launchers out there. Simply too much work I'd think.

But this looks like a cool app. I'll play around with it when I get my phone for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dty06 View Post
    Android is designed to be customized. HTC's launcher may not, though, so the issue wouldn't be with Android but with the Blinkfeed launcher. The app likely wouldn't change launcher icons due to the countless different launchers out there. Simply too much work I'd think.

But this looks like a cool app. I'll play around with it when I get my phone for sure.
    Whilst I am aware of this, my point is the launcher icons may be able to change, but I doubt this can go to the extent of the icon drawer, on any stock launcher. I agree with you, there seems to be too much work involved and I think it is best to just go a minimal launcher- heck what's the use of adding in additional icon for just the home screen?

All in all good idea, just turn it to a launcher...in my opinion!

Can anyone tell me where to place downloaded icon packs in this app I use file manager and downloaded a paid for icon pack using chrome but need to put it in a location where beautiful icon styler would recognize

Anyone get this to work for them?

[JTC ONE m8]
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jtc303 View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/28/zu5ema6y.jpg

Anyone get this to work for them?

[JTC ONE m8]
    What in the world.. might as well not open the app for a while.