Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lilshaq65
  • 1 Post By dty06
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    RobGG's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    Hello people, after using IOS for many years, and trying WP for the past week im ready to use android device... Im completely in love with the HTC M8 but i have a few questions... Sorry if this has been asked before, new here, cant find anything.

    I plan to buy the phone locked on Tmobile USA... this is the cheapest way i can get it now. Problem is i dont use Tmobile. Ive seen several websites offering the unlock for about 20-30 dollars, is this possible? Does this process take long or can it be same day?

    Another question, will it work with Telcel or Movistar down here in Mexico? I dont mind if 4g dosent work, im ok with 3g and wifi.

    Another way i could get it was it it was offered by Best Buy, but i havent seen the unlocked version on the website, i think they only sell it locked to Sprint, Tmobile or ATT...

    I apologize if this is posted on the wrong section. Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    I don't know if it'll work on Telcel, but I know the T-Mobile version has all the same bands as the AT&T version plus aws bands.

    I got my T-Mobile M8 unlocked for $4 but I believe there are "free" ways to SIM unlock the M8.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    If You're not Cheating, You're not Trying.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    RobGG's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by yyhd View Post
    I don't know if it'll work on Telcel, but I know the T-Mobile version has all the same bands as the AT&T version plus aws bands.

    I got my T-Mobile M8 unlocked for $4 but I believe there are "free" ways to SIM unlock the M8.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for answering, do you remember how much time it took for your phone to get unlocked once you paid the $4?

    Also, are there any logos from Tmobile around the phone?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    I unlocked my M8 for $19.99 on cellunlocker.net got the unlock code in less than a hour.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    RobGG 
    RobGG likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    I'd be very interested to know if it works internationally as well. I like to travel and am planning to return to Guatemala next year to volunteer again, it would be great to be able to use this phone down there (assuming I could even find a micro sim down there) rather than a cheap throw-away.

    Hope you find the info you're looking for!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by RobGG View Post
    Thanks for answering, do you remember how much time it took for your phone to get unlocked once you paid the $4?

    Also, are there any logos from Tmobile around the phone?
    They sent me the unlock code within 10 minutes.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    If You're not Cheating, You're not Trying.
    Thanked by:
    RobGG 
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    I used cellfservices.com

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    If You're not Cheating, You're not Trying.
    Thanked by:
    RobGG 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    RobGG's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilshaq65 View Post
    I unlocked my M8 for $19.99 on cellunlocker.net got the unlock code in less than a hour.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Used your advice, paid $29 but received the unlock code in less than 5 mins.

    Quote Originally Posted by dty06 View Post
    I'd be very interested to know if it works internationally as well. I like to travel and am planning to return to Guatemala next year to volunteer again, it would be great to be able to use this phone down there (assuming I could even find a micro sim down there) rather than a cheap throw-away.

    Hope you find the info you're looking for!
    Thank you Sr. it is now working on Movistar and Telcel here in Mexico, i had not noticed 3g or 4g werent activated yet till today, yesterday i used the phone mainly for calls and used WIFI for the internet... today after a few APN configuration a was able to get 4g. Hope the phone works for you in Guatemala.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Buying HTC M8 on TMobile, Questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by RobGG View Post
    Thank you Sr. it is now working on Movistar and Telcel here in Mexico, i had not noticed 3g or 4g werent activated yet till today, yesterday i used the phone mainly for calls and used WIFI for the internet... today after a few APN configuration a was able to get 4g. Hope the phone works for you in Guatemala.
    Thanks, that's good to know! In Guate the two big companies are Tigo and Claro. Claro was what I used last time, but I wasn't very happy with it, and even the guy that I bought the phone from told me Tigo was better (months after I bought the phone). Hopefully I can find a way to make even just the phone itself work. I don't need to be connected to the internet all the time, and I like to take a break from it when I'm down there. Working with children is why I go, not to go to Facebook every day.
    RobGG likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible to unlock the bootloader on the i527?
    By Looneegirl in forum Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 06:28 AM
  2. Question about downloading games to new device
    By nokia4life in forum Google Play Store
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 06:26 PM
  3. texting question
    By JenTDOT in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 09:45 AM
  4. 32GB Samsung MicroSD on eBay Deal Blast
    By Sara Di in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 05:56 AM
  5. Android Sense on Galaxy tab 3 8.0
    By Fusive in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions