Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disable spacebar autocorrect?

I really like keyboards that have the symbols available as a long press - I was spoiled by the keyboard on the GNII, but I am having issues with the keyboard here on the HTC. I like the predictions, and spellcheck, but I do NOT want it to automatically apply the autocorrection. Like on the Samsung keyboard, I want to tap on the correction if I want to use it, as I sometimes use words not in the dictionary (hell, even "uber" is not in their dictionary, so if I hit space it corrects it).

Is there a way to disable the spacebar autocorrect? Or failing that, a better *free* keyboard?

Default Re: Disable spacebar autocorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by pendraggon87 View Post
    I really like keyboards that have the symbols available as a long press - I was spoiled by the keyboard on the GNII, but I am having issues with the keyboard here on the HTC. I like the predictions, and spellcheck, but I do NOT want it to automatically apply the autocorrection. Like on the Samsung keyboard, I want to tap on the correction if I want to use it, as I sometimes use words not in the dictionary (hell, even "uber" is not in their dictionary, so if I hit space it corrects it).

Is there a way to disable the spacebar autocorrect? Or failing that, a better *free* keyboard?
    There does not seem to be a setting for that on the stock HTC keyboard. However, I've always used the Google keyboard and there is the option for that. In fact, there's different levels of aggression to select from when using the space bar to auto correct. Or you can just turn if off, which you want.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    There does not seem to be a setting for that on the stock HTC keyboard. However, I've always used the Google keyboard and there is the option for that. In fact, there's different levels of aggression to select from when using the space bar to auto correct. Or you can just turn if off, which you want.

For the Google keyboard, there is no long press option for symbols. I get that you can swipe from the symbol character to a symbol, but I just prefer the long press.

For the Google keyboard, there is no long press option for symbols. I get that you can swipe from the symbol character to a symbol, but I just prefer the long press.
    Ohh I glanced over that part. Sorry about that.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Sounds like you need to check out Swiftkey.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by isdaako View Post
    Sounds like you need to check out Swiftkey.
    I am looking for something free.

Try Swype, the original swyping keyboard even before Swiftkey. You can tap on the keyboard and it allows longpress. It has a free version.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

I am looking for something free.
    I understood that.