- 270 Posts
Old SD card? Mediaserver maybe draining your battery!
Since I unplugged this morning, I haven't listen to one single music or pod cast. I wasn't even looking at photos or youtube. But my phones is already at 73%after 2hr and 50min after using it lightly. Looking at the usage, it appears media server is draining the most power. After some investigation.. I found the solution up here on xda [Fix] Android Media scanner sdcard CPU utilization, battery drain - xda-developers
Turns out...I realized that I have an older SD card and maybe some bad images were created over the course of past few years... causing mediaserver to keep scanning and draining my battery...
To fix this, I did the following:
1. force stop Media Storage & restart
2. back up & delete photos in download folder
3. back up & format my SD card
Now my battery is still at 95% after 1.5 hour.
- By Lefacavus in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2015, 07:57 AM
- By GregIsARadDude in forum HTC One M8Replies: 12Last Post: 05-23-2014, 02:10 PM
- By kc5hwb in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-22-2014, 03:55 PM
- By sam.z in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2014, 07:16 AM
- By noidster in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2014, 03:06 PM