Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johnmcc0710
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Lag using touchscreen

    Has anyone noticed a delay or lag using the touchscreen? I have just starting seeing some. I am using an Otterbox Defender and swiftkey but the delay is while using the home or mostly the back arrow after waking the phone up.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,387 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcc0710 View Post
    Has anyone noticed a delay or lag using the touchscreen? I have just starting seeing some. I am using an Otterbox Defender and swiftkey but the delay is while using the home or mostly the back arrow after waking the phone up.

    Thanks
    I haven't but you can try rebooting into recovery, and clearing the system cache. That might help. [Guide] How to reboot into Stock Recovery on HTC One M8

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    I will try that.. Also I am running Go Launcher and see that is taking resources even if I am not using it.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,387 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcc0710 View Post
    I will try that.. Also I am running Go Launcher and see that is taking resources even if I am not using it.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Go Launcher is also a heavy launcher as well. Try Nova or Action.

    From a Cyan M8

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    That may be the issue.. Thanks

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,387 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcc0710 View Post
    That may be the issue.. Thanks

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    I'd be interested to know how it works out.

    From a Cyan M8

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    I will clear the cache and disable Go Launcher and test both ways and let everyone know.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    As an update I cleared the cache and ran the stock UI before clearing the cache. The stock sense was fine no issues. I had disabled Go Launcher while I ran the stock. I went to Go Launcher after clearing the cache and saw I had Go Task Manager installed, I uninstalled that and Lo and Behold no noticeable lag so far.

    I wil try Nova too. I am running it on my S3 work phone and like it.

    Thanks to everyone for your replies. This forum is much better than Verizon's Community Forum.
    dty06 likes this.
  9. #9  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,387 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcc0710 View Post
    As an update I cleared the cache and ran the stock UI before clearing the cache. The stock sense was fine no issues. I had disabled Go Launcher while I ran the stock. I went to Go Launcher after clearing the cache and saw I had Go Task Manager installed, I uninstalled that and Lo and Behold no noticeable lag so far.

    I wil try Nova too. I am running it on my S3 work phone and like it.

    Thanks to everyone for your replies. This forum is much better than Verizon's Community Forum.
    Glad everything worked out. See you around the forums.

    From a Liquid Nexus 5

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    Thank you... It's interesting to see how different apps and launchers affect performance.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    17,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,387 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcc0710 View Post
    Thank you... It's interesting to see how different apps and launchers affect performance.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    That is kind of the trade off: Go has LOTS of features, but is a resource hog.

    From a Liquid Nexus 5

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  12. #12  
    twin100's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lag using touchscreen

    The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called “Developer options.”

    This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

    Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

    Window animation scale

    Transition animation scale

    Animator animation scale

    Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it...restart your device.

Similar Threads

  1. 'Cloud' storage using your home PC
    By lucasbuck in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 09:38 AM
  2. Will VoLTE use data? Answer: Yes, but its optional.
    By Shaodong Lin in forum Verizon
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:29 PM
  3. Can Asus ZenFone 6 be used in America?
    By Lucy999 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 06:30 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 01:32 AM
  5. GS4 Bluetooth stays paired, but won't keep "use phone audio" on
    By emkayca in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions