| || |
Re: HTC One (M8) How to convert carrier HTC One to Developer Edition version?
There is no real difference between a carrier branded phone and the developer edition. The specs are the exact same the only difference is that the phone is Bootloader unlocked/ Factory unlocked. If you have your m8 S-off the phone and then Follow these instructions
1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/2...tc-devices-536
2) You'll notice that the HTC ONE M8 is not listed in the supported devices, but the process does work.
3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC ONE M8 , and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your EXTERNAL SD card.
4) Reboot into bootloader, select "SIMLock" and it'll apply the config file.
5) Follow the instructions on the phone and reboot when it tells you to. If you get an "OpenCID File Fail" error, this is normal, proceed anyway!
6) Once you've rebooted, your HTC One M8 should be fully SIM Unlocked!
7) Put in a foreign SIM card and test it out
(Thanks to JEANRIVERA over at xda)
And then you basically have the same thing!