I love my M8 but the LG G3 looks pretty good.....

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I believe G3 will be a good phone as G2 is pretty good already. Nevertheless, specs =\= performance. Otherwise android phones would have long ousted iPhone.

Was it Motorola's intention to turn phone war away from specs war with Moto-x? There's some truth to it. I would rather own a Moto-x than a higher specs GS4.

G3 is not the 1st phone to claim 3GB ram. I remember some early review of M8 hinted that it's kinda disappointing in that department but then found out the performance of M8 didn't not suffer a bit. And we all know there's no lagging issue on this phone. Now it's LG's turn to show how they can pack up all the specs smartly to promote performance. (As others have pointed out, some cool specs can actually drag down phone performance).

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I believe G3 will be a good phone as G2 is pretty good already. Nevertheless, specs =\= performance. Otherwise android phones would have long ousted iPhone.

Was it Motorola's intention to turn phone war away from specs war with Moto-x? There's some truth to it. I would rather own a Moto-x than a higher specs GS4.

G3 is not the 1st phone to claim 3GB ram. I remember some early review of M8 hinted that it's kinda disappointing in that department but then found out the performance of M8 didn't not suffer a bit. And we all know there's no lagging issue on this phone. Now it's LG's turn to show how they can pack up all the specs smartly to promote performance. (As others have pointed out, some cool specs can actually drag down phone performance).

More than just dragging down performance, they also drive up the cost. A very high-density display (pixels per inch), such as a 4k display, will cost a lot more money than a 1080p or 720p display.

M8 has fantastic performance, great specs, great sound, great screen, great build. The only lacking thing is the camera, which isn't even really lacking and probably not the most important feature for most people (myself included). I'll take that over a more expensive, lower-quality phone.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
How bad is it?

Yeah I'll be feeling the same as OP when the M9 comes out.

It's actually a Touchwiz clone. What irks me about LG is that they follow in Samsung's footsteps to the point where it's blatant. The G2 had the same slimy plastic like Samsung's hyper glaze. I'm sure the G3 will be a great device but it's not for me until they begin doing original stuff.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the G2 and loved the phone. I was thinking of giving the M8 up and getting the G3 now. The only thing I would hate to lose is the speakers. They are by far the best out right now. If LG did the same with its speakers . This thing would be a no brainer to me. It will be hard to pick when the time comes.

Naptownlove77- HTC ~⊙N?~🇲8

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the G2 and loved the phone. I was thinking of giving the M8 up and getting the G3 now. The only thing I would hate to lose is the speakers. They are by far the best out right now. If LG did the same with its speakers . This thing would be a no brainer to me. It will be hard to pick when the time comes.

Naptownlove77- HTC ~⊙N?~8

Even without the speakers, the M8 is a superior phone for me. Better build quality and confirmed high performance. The G3 looks good on paper but I have a feeling that because the specs are almost the same (CPU+GPU) but a higher screen resolution and a worse UI, it will end up having performance issues.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I used to be a htc fanboy! Htc has taken all the good features of sense and removed them! If i wanted a nexus i would buy a nexus! Just upgraded to lg from my m7 and i love the optimus ui and all the features it brings!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT........LIFE IS GOOD✌

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Also both use same processor but G3 has higher resolution so gaming would be better on m8.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The most recent teasers I've read are saying the G3 is indeed aluminum, not just plastic made to look like it, like the Note 2 was.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Man I was about to purchase my M8 next week but a larger screen in the same form factor is tempting. But I love my M7 which was why the M8 is almost a no brainer.

Posted via Android Central App

F8ker8

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Man I was about to purchase my M8 next week but a larger screen in the same form factor is tempting. But I love my M7 which was why the M8 is almost a no brainer.

Then wait for the M8 Prime it's gonna be a beast...

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
There's always a new device on the horizon and there's is no reason to upgrade every 6 months even to the most avid techy I mean really?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the m7 and thought it was a keeper ,the g2 came out ,got it ,sold the m7. Since than always missed the m7. The g2 was good ,but something about how the m7 felt in hand ,the speakers ,the ui. Kept the g2 and waited for m8 to come out. Did a lot of reading about g3 and m8 ,had to go back to HTC. So happy I did ,g3 rumours don't even have me giving the m8 a second thought.

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Im entertaining it mainly of the 5.5" screen in the same size as the M8 dimensions. Removable batt is always usefull... Now if it really was waterproof and had a stylus i am sold.

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
It looks neat. I will wait and see what the unveiling reveals but I will most likely stick with HTC because I greatly prefer Sense UI over what LG offers.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I had no problems with the G2 build quality. It seemed better than Samsung's and way better than the Nexus 5. That said the HTC M7 and M8 are in a league of their own.

No I meant the UI. I know the G2 is decent in terms of build quality. But I'm just wondering how the G2's UI is because some are calling it a Touchwiz clone. Yeah I tried the G2 for a short while and the UI was a lot louder than Sense.