Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I truly love my M8. But specs wise it seems the upcoming G3 has everything.

*Bigger battery (3,000 mah)
    *removable battery
    *quad hd screen
    *3 GB ram
    * same height, wider by 4mm, and thinner
    *5.5" screen!
    *laser focus camera
    *13mp ois camera
    *front speakers

Possibles
    *stylus?
    *waterproof?

And its brushed metal too. Looks like ufocus might be the only thing missing.

Any thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by hdradaza; 05-23-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Default Re: I love my M8 but the LG G3 looks pretty good.....

Looks pretty [inappropriate language removed by moderators] to me. I thought the last thing I read was a 3200 mah battery to top it off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darth Spock; 05-23-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Wouldn't it make more sense to post this in the G3 thread?

You're wanting us to discuss the G3 in the HTC One forum?
    Thanked by:
    randp1 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to post this in the G3 thread?

You're wanting us to discuss the G3 in the HTC One forum?
    Well coz i have an HTC M8 and am considering making the switch and i would like to know what other M8 owners think of it. Is it worth the switch or not considering if you have an M8 already

Thanked by:
    emirozmen and sparker04 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hdradaza View Post
    Well coz i have an HTC M8 and am considering making the switch and i would like to know what other M8 owners think of it. Is it worth the switch or not considering if you have an M8 already

Alright, well then here's my 0.02c.

+ G2 had a nice screen, this one seems even better.
    + The camera on the G2 was really quite solid from my play testing.

- UI needs work before it's on Sense UI's level
    - I'd like the phone to be made of more premium materials. Some people don't care, but I like the feel of metal.
    - Was not a fan of the buttons behind the phone. Some like it, I didn't.
    - The speaker can' compare to the dual front facing M7/M8.

G3 seems to follow suit. Impressive specs (which will become obsolete in the coming months), but no consideration for user experience. Until they fix that, I'm not interested in purchasing their products, regardless of how highly specced the phone is.
    Last edited by I Can Be Your Hero; 05-30-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Nursedad likes this.

Agreed it's got [inappropriate language removed by moderators] specs. Will definitely take a look at it, especially if it's aluminum. They need to work on their UI though, or so I'm told.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Darth Spock; 05-23-2014 at 07:58 PM.

I had the G2 and now have the M8. The G3 is certainly peaking my curiosity. I didn't think the user interface was as bad as people say. I expect that will be updated as well but I could use either or.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

G3 has great specs, but there's always gonna be something with better specs coming out every 6-12 months. There's gonna be a point where the specs will exceed our ability to really notice any difference in performance. Personally I love the M8, it does everything I need it to and does it well and fast. As great as the specs are on the G3, I am gonna keep my M8 and enjoy the hell out of it.

Posted with my CleanROM M8
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

No expandable storage = deal breaker for me on any phone right now.
    Thanked by:
    Titusk likes this.

I don't think it's actually aluminum, just looks like it (but still plastic). Otherwise, it certainly looks like a beast. I'm happy with my M8, though.

coronaboy10 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Oh and OIS on the camera and of course better camera for the G3. It also has frony speakers tho i dont think it will sound as good as boom sound.

I have come to love the sense ui though. Whata bothering me is the small screen. And being able to have a 5.5" screen with practically the same foot print as the M8 is making me take a second look at it.

Did LG Once... The Optimus 2X. Never LG again in my Life !

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ime95mos View Post
    Did LG Once... The Optimus 2X. Never LG again in my Life !
    Why? What was it about the Optimus 2X that left such a bad taste for LG?

Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    Why? What was it about the Optimus 2X that left such a bad taste for LG?

I can't speak for that person or their experience with the Optimus 2X, but I can say that my current phone, the LG Lucid 4G (original) is awful. There's nothing special about this phone that makes it worth all the problems it's had. I have the extended battery for it, because the stock battery couldn't make it through 8 hours without dying. The extended battery (3000 mAh) can barely make it through 12 hours. Forget about anything beyond that. And I hardly use my device, maybe 1 hour of screen time per day. Nothing major running in the background (verified by task manager) and the phone lags on EVERYTHING, especially scrolling or any time I use the keyboard. It takes almost 3 minutes to boot, and at least 1 minute to even shut off. The power button on the side is slow to react sometimes, so I don't know if I pushed it hard enough. I push it again, only for the screen to come on and then immediately shut off again. Other times it won't come on at all from pushing it once.

Honestly, I think my original Moto Droid was a better phone than this. Solid build, nice keyboard, good camera and gorgeous screen (all of this was for its time, obviously, except the build quality. That is still very nice.).

My upgrade to the M8 cannot come fast enough...just 2 days left now!

I might get one -- it'll depend on the UI and if they've cleaned up the settings on settings on settings crap.

I have owned almost every premium smartphone except the Sony line within the past year (its kind of my hobby to trade phones) and I have owned 2 G2's. The fact that I went back to it a second time speaks to how much I liked it. That said, to me the deal breaker was the UI. It was quite functional with lots of neat features (like tap on that the M8 has) but there was nothing aesthetically pleasing about it. Sense 5+ to me just blows all other Android UI's out if the water, and I have no desire to mess with installing a custom ROM on my M8. I probably spent more time running non stock ROMs on the G2 than stock. But overall I was happy with the hardware, even the rear facing buttons weren't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dnewell View Post
    I have owned almost every premium smartphone except the Sony line within the past year (its kind of my hobby to trade phones) and I have owned 2 G2's. The fact that I went back to it a second time speaks to how much I liked it. That said, to me the deal breaker was the UI. It was quite functional with lots of neat features (like tap on that the M8 has) but there was nothing aesthetically pleasing about it. Sense 5+ to me just blows all other Android UI's out if the water, and I have no desire to mess with installing a custom ROM on my M8. I probably spent more time running non stock ROMs on the G2 than stock. But overall I was happy with the hardware, even the rear facing buttons weren't a problem.

Yep. Completely agreed. I can't root due to using my phone for work, so I NEED to like the stock ui.

And I love Sense.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I think the G3 looks pretty nice, problem for me is larger screen higher res and same cpu/gpu as M8 might cause the g3 to have slower performance issues?
    As for now I would only switch if it had the 805 cpu in it. And by the time they every release that the htc prime should be out and that will be a win win for me and keep sense.
    Just my thoughts, the thing may release and be smoking fast?

Quote Originally Posted by pootyash View Post
    I don't think it's actually aluminum, just looks like it (but still plastic). Otherwise, it certainly looks like a beast. I'm happy with my M8, though.

Yes I believe it's plastic but painted to look like metal

check out the teasers on youtube! It definitely looks realllllly cool.

M8 looks like the better phone at this point. If the rumored specs are true, I do not want a QHD on a 3000MAH battery
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?
    o2k

I believe G3 will be a good phone as G2 is pretty good already. Nevertheless, specs =\= performance. Otherwise android phones would have long ousted iPhone.

Was it Motorola's intention to turn phone war away from specs war with Moto-x? There's some truth to it. I would rather own a Moto-x than a higher specs GS4.

G3 is not the 1st phone to claim 3GB ram. I remember some early review of M8 hinted that it's kinda disappointing in that department but then found out the performance of M8 didn't not suffer a bit. And we all know there's no lagging issue on this phone. Now it's LG's turn to show how they can pack up all the specs smartly to promote performance. (As others have pointed out, some cool specs can actually drag down phone performance).
    bigoldthor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by o2k View Post
    I believe G3 will be a good phone as G2 is pretty good already. Nevertheless, specs =\= performance. Otherwise android phones would have long ousted iPhone.

Was it Motorola's intention to turn phone war away from specs war with Moto-x? There's some truth to it. I would rather own a Moto-x than a higher specs GS4.

G3 is not the 1st phone to claim 3GB ram. I remember some early review of M8 hinted that it's kinda disappointing in that department but then found out the performance of M8 didn't not suffer a bit. And we all know there's no lagging issue on this phone. Now it's LG's turn to show how they can pack up all the specs smartly to promote performance. (As others have pointed out, some cool specs can actually drag down phone performance).
    More than just dragging down performance, they also drive up the cost. A very high-density display (pixels per inch), such as a 4k display, will cost a lot more money than a 1080p or 720p display.

M8 has fantastic performance, great specs, great sound, great screen, great build. The only lacking thing is the camera, which isn't even really lacking and probably not the most important feature for most people (myself included). I'll take that over a more expensive, lower-quality phone.
    bigoldthor likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

LG UI is horrendous and there's the plastic build.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    LG UI is horrendous and there's the plastic build.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    How bad is it?

Yeah I'll be feeling the same as OP when the M9 comes out.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast