Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default M8 logo falling off.

    The back of my m8 where it says htc across the back for the logo,the letters have fallen off for the t and the c. They seem to be just cheap stickers that are glued on. very disappointed. Anyone else seem to be running into this problem?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Quote Originally Posted by alyssacif View Post
    The back of my m8 where it says htc across the back for the logo,the letters have fallen off for the t and the c. They seem to be just cheap stickers that are glued on. very disappointed. Anyone else seem to be running into this problem?
    HTC branding peeling off.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Mine just started to today. Contacted htc via chat and said it wasnt a common problem. I assume it will be soon.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    What's underneath it? Indentations of the HTC logo?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    What's underneath it? Indentations of the HTC logo?

    Posted via Android Central App
    This is a picture from the thread I posted above.

    http://imgur.com/YHw9Pxo

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Hmm... The HTC is engraved on the back of my M8. Did they change that to a sticker?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Quote Originally Posted by nneptune View Post
    Hmm... The HTC is engraved on the back of my M8. Did they change that to a sticker?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Mine is engraved also


    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    The sticker that sits inside the indentation in the letter T in mine fell off yesterday. The letters are carved out of the aluminum and then a thick'ish sticker is placed in there. If the sticker wasn't in there I can't imagine the amount of dirt and crap that will plug up those letters. They need to do something about this. Top expensive of a phone to have this type of cosmetic issue.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Just chatted with a HTC customer service rep. The most they'll do is have me send it in for repair, and if I get a quote for the work to contact them and they will "work with me" whatever that means. Pretty disappointing to say the least. If I had done something out of the ordinary to cause this I would understand but I simply took the phone out of my pocket and the letter fell off. Things like this holds HTC down. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect a loaner phone while it's in for a free repair or an simple exchange for this issue. Not when I was pay top dollar (off contract) for what otherwise is a great device

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Quote Originally Posted by raphymartinez View Post
    The sticker that sits inside the indentation in the letter T in mine fell off yesterday. The letters are carved out of the aluminum and then a thick'ish sticker is placed in there. If the sticker wasn't in there I can't imagine the amount of dirt and crap that will plug up those letters. They need to do something about this. Top expensive of a phone to have this type of cosmetic issue.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    On my HK Edition, it came with just the engraved HTC on the back, with no stickers in the letters and it seemed fine to me. I didn't even know some had them. My original EVO 4G had the letters come off like that after a year or two.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
  11. #11  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Quote Originally Posted by raphymartinez View Post
    Just chatted with a HTC customer service rep. The most they'll do is have me send it in for repair, and if I get a quote for the work to contact them and they will "work with me" whatever that means. Pretty disappointing to say the least. If I had done something out of the ordinary to cause this I would understand but I simply took the phone out of my pocket and the letter fell off. Things like this holds HTC down. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect a loaner phone while it's in for a free repair or an simple exchange for this issue. Not when I was pay top dollar (off contract) for what otherwise is a great device

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk


    I have the same issue... The C just went down.. Don't want to have to send it.. Maybe I'll just take the other ones out!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    I would not call it a sticker in the engraving, but when it starts coming out, it is like a rubber cement consistency. I think it must be fairly common, as when I called ATT about it since I am on Next and do not want a ding for damage, they call it common wear and tear. It still looks good without that stuff in there to flatten it out, but those engravings are much deeper than they first appear. This is the reason I put a case on- did not want anything MORE to happen to the back of the phone after I cleaned up the goop from the logo AND polished the coating off the camera lens. I wanted no next thing, which at this point is to find out that the brushed aluminum look would rub off from pocket action. First case on a phone, ever. Resolved the slippery issue too.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    My HTC sticker fell off. I took it back and got a new one.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Quote Originally Posted by alyssacif View Post
    The back of my m8 where it says htc across the back for the logo,the letters have fallen off for the t and the c. They seem to be just cheap stickers that are glued on. very disappointed. Anyone else seem to be running into this problem?
  15. #15  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    My c fell if two days ago and my T fell off in my pocket and slid inside my phone between the screen and the speakers, I fear my H will fall off soon
  16. #16  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Update it's been a minute since I posted that and the H fell off in my pocket, my screen is cracked so I can't get a new phone. The glue they used fails in heats over 95℉ which makes since in black skinny jeans so that's why people
  17. #17  

    Default Re: M8 logo falling off.

    Easy fix. Super glue

    Posted via the Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Turns off while charging in car
    By eltocho in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 09:41 AM
  2. Are there any specifics I have to adhere to for rooting a Verizon M8?
    By CannedBullets in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 02:11 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 03:46 AM
  4. Are Verizon M8s unlocked for GSM networks?
    By CannedBullets in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 08:25 AM
  5. HTC One M8 (Sense) to GPE image and unroot
    By droidmed in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2014, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions