Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NickA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just got the M8, have some questions

I have been using the S5 for 3 weeks before that i had the HTC Droid DNA, i also just got an M8 whichever phone i like i am going to keep the other my girlfriend will take, so im testing back and forth between the S5 and M8

Not that this should matter but i did some benchmarking and i thought the M8 was supposed to be faster spec wise, maybe i misread on benchmarks my M8 is also coming in under the average M8 and im not sure why that is and the S5 is beating everything

I have only been using the M8 for a few hours but it seems like the battery is draining fast compared to the S5 when i heard they were pretty equal for the most part with battery time

Any tips for battery life that might not be so obvious?

I think i want to root but i havnt rooted since like my Motorola Droid 2 lol, so im out of the loop is there an M8 root guide for dummies?

Default Re: Just got the M8, have some questions

I have the s5;g2,and m8. Love the g2 and m8,other one not so much. In my opinion the m8 is the most fluid and smooth running of them all. It took my battery about a week to start giving me good cycles. Last I e for instance was 32 hours and 6 hour screen time. That's on par ,if not better than my g2,and that is a beast for battery. I do not use battery saver,I have 2 email accounts pushing. The s5 lags once in a while,I have not had that w the m8. at all,no stutters or hiccups. The speakers sound great,reception great,build great. If I were you I'd give the m8 some time to settle ,I could not be happier with the m8.Almost forgot,don't trouble yourself with benchmarks. I don't care what #s say,everyday performance is stellar.

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

Benchmarks are beyond pointless

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post

Yeah i get that was just curious about them, im going to give the M8 a good chance, right now my biggest gripe after a few hours is the slippery feeling and the phone is tall so not really comfortable in my hand yet, i just ordered a case so im hoping that will solve the slippery problem, i will give it as much time as i have given the S5 im a fan of HTC build quality and Sense over Touchwiz
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Another question is there anything i can use to backup the whole phone like so that if i had an issue and had to reset i dont have to set everything up again i can just restore the backup?

Quote Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post
    Another question is there anything i can use to backup the whole phone like so that if i had an issue and had to reset i dont have to set everything up again i can just restore the backup?
    HTC Backup does a pretty good job. It will restore apps, email accounts and wallpaper, and usually ringtones, although I've had to fix those once in a while. Doesn't save and restore phone contacts, so just export them to your external sd card and then you can import them when needed.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i feel like my battery is draining fast, i havnt done much today on the phone only a little over an hour of screen on time, and not sure if its normal but was at the movies and my phone was pretty warm in my pocket doing nothing

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Did you happen to have the S5 in the same location? If so, how did it fair? Looks like a pretty weak signal and that can use additional power.

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post

I agree Benchmarks are totally useless.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by isdaako View Post
    Did you happen to have the S5 in the same location? If so, how did it fair? Looks like a pretty weak signal and that can use additional power.
    For the most part yes, im going to continue using it for the next week or so to see how its doing but yeah my s5 was fine with me, and half the day the m8 was on wifi just for a few hours it wasnt but it was draining just as fast to me on wifi, but well see i just know i didnt have this initial issue with the s5. i love the m8 so far but battery is obviously important

The S5 has a faster clock speed on its processor versus the M8. It also has faster RAM
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Doesn't my held awake time seem high? It's higher then my screen on time all I did on the phone today was text, go on Facebook on and off and browse the Web a bit

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You're going to drive yourself crazy looking at battery stats. Just use one phone for a solid week, then switch to the other.

I've had the S5 and M8 since each was released, and I still haven't made my choice. And I still pop my SIM in my Note 3 every now and then.

So many nice phones out now you can't go wrong with any of them.

Posted via Android Central App
    kxc1279 and bigoldthor like this.

Quick question. Do we guys have that weather animation thing with the clock weather widget in this one?

Posted via Android Central App