Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Webosfan19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recommendations on a car mount?

What are you guys using?
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: Recommendations on a car mount?

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    What are you guys using?
    My cup holder.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

iOttie one touch XL. Very secure and a very nice mounting system. Just tap your phone to the stand and it automatically clamps down. And, it will fit the phone even if it has a case on it (not sure about Defender style cases).

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ironbesterer View Post
    iOttie one touch XL. Very secure and a very nice mounting system. Just tap your phone to the stand and it automatically clamps down. And, it will fit the phone even if it has a case on it (not sure about Defender style cases).
    The iOttie looks like it will make the volume buttons either inaccessible or it will mash on them and play havoc with the volume. What is your experience with that aspect?

Check out ProClipUSA.com. They are on the spendy side, but in my last 8 years of using them, well worth every penny.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I'm using the Ibolt with my note 2. Even had a case on it. I live down a very rural bumpy road. The ibolt holds my phone very securely and steady.

sent from my galaxy note 2

This...1000 times this. I was on the search for a perfect car mount and came across this one. Far and away the best one I've ever used. For me, I love it because of its flexibility, functionality, and its very, very good stability, but also because it uses the CD player (which I no longer use). Much better than dash or window mounts because it keeps my device off my dash and windshield but still very convenient, and close at hand.

Of course, a lot depends on if you use your CD player, and how the player is positioned so that it doesn't obstruct your view of anything important on your dash. But if it works for your car's layout, it's a home run! (Also, you can turn it 360 degrees to help with the view, and you can also mount it with the mount "turn" going up or down...either way...whichever positions it most favorably for your setup. That is, the screw-in knob would be positioned at the top or bottom...either way. This allows you to position your phone up or down by 4-5" I would guess.

Here's a link to an Amazon item, and here's a link to the manufacturer's web site. (BTW, I have no affiliation with either company.)

Recommendations on a car mount?-mountek.jpg

iOttie HLCRIO104 Easy Flex 2 Windshield Dashboard Car/Desk Mount Holder for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C, Galaxy S4/S3, HTC One - Retail Packaging - Black
    Bought it off recommendations on Amazon, looks slick and is small, holds my m8 and the suction cup is the strongest I have ever seen... Excellent product, all my friends want one when they see me click my phone in without touching any handles or buttons...

Posted via Android Central App
    dyphx likes this.

Recommendations on a car mount?-proclip-1.gif Recommendations on a car mount?-proclip-2.gif Recommendations on a car mount?-proclip-3.gif
    Another vote for ProClip. This model is adjustable for cases. The ProClip site can be confusing. You pick a mount for your phone then a mount for your car.

Proclip user here too. Except I got mine from some australian site that sells them (they're called something else here I think...clicon?).

Excellent phone holders. Pricey, but worth it.

I can't stand the generic type, one size fits all approach. I love that mine is custom fitted and minimalist. The car mounts are brilliant, giving you a choice of several positions you can mount it in your particular car. I hate air vent mounts. They're never sturdy and they block my aircon!