Recommendations on a car mount?

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
iOttie one touch XL. Very secure and a very nice mounting system. Just tap your phone to the stand and it automatically clamps down. And, it will fit the phone even if it has a case on it (not sure about Defender style cases).

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
iOttie one touch XL. Very secure and a very nice mounting system. Just tap your phone to the stand and it automatically clamps down. And, it will fit the phone even if it has a case on it (not sure about Defender style cases).

The iOttie looks like it will make the volume buttons either inaccessible or it will mash on them and play havoc with the volume. What is your experience with that aspect?

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Check out ProClipUSA.com. They are on the spendy side, but in my last 8 years of using them, well worth every penny.

Posted via Android Central App

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Ibolt with my note 2. Even had a case on it. I live down a very rural bumpy road. The ibolt holds my phone very securely and steady.

sent from my galaxy note 2

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This...1000 times this. I was on the search for a perfect car mount and came across this one. Far and away the best one I've ever used. For me, I love it because of its flexibility, functionality, and its very, very good stability, but also because it uses the CD player (which I no longer use). Much better than dash or window mounts because it keeps my device off my dash and windshield but still very convenient, and close at hand.

Of course, a lot depends on if you use your CD player, and how the player is positioned so that it doesn't obstruct your view of anything important on your dash. But if it works for your car's layout, it's a home run! (Also, you can turn it 360 degrees to help with the view, and you can also mount it with the mount "turn" going up or down...either way...whichever positions it most favorably for your setup. That is, the screw-in knob would be positioned at the top or bottom...either way. This allows you to position your phone up or down by 4-5" I would guess.

Here's a link to an Amazon item, and here's a link to the manufacturer's web site. (BTW, I have no affiliation with either company.)

mountek.jpg

Webosfan19

May 20, 2013
Visit site
iOttie HLCRIO104 Easy Flex 2 Windshield Dashboard Car/Desk Mount Holder for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C, Galaxy S4/S3, HTC One - Retail Packaging - Black
Bought it off recommendations on Amazon, looks slick and is small, holds my m8 and the suction cup is the strongest I have ever seen... Excellent product, all my friends want one when they see me click my phone in without touching any handles or buttons...

Posted via Android Central App

tomstinson

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
ProClip 1.gif ProClip 2.gif Proclip 3.gif
Another vote for ProClip. This model is adjustable for cases. The ProClip site can be confusing. You pick a mount for your phone then a mount for your car.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Proclip user here too. Except I got mine from some australian site that sells them (they're called something else here I think...clicon?).

Excellent phone holders. Pricey, but worth it.

I can't stand the generic type, one size fits all approach. I love that mine is custom fitted and minimalist. The car mounts are brilliant, giving you a choice of several positions you can mount it in your particular car. I hate air vent mounts. They're never sturdy and they block my aircon!

NickStevens

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I personally uses Infernal Innovations Dashgrab phone mount. The hardware is durable and very easy to install. I think it should work for you. I shopped it from amazon store.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use this iOttie for now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JR...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4883091

My M8 with a bumper case would fit ok, but I wouldn't get it again. If you have any rough riding, the mount doesn't hold that well. I've had it basically eject the phone before. Now that I'm on a G4, it's worse. I will say I like how versatile the arm adjustments are and the sliding bottom foot support is a nice touch.

My next mount is likely this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4883091

RAM is known for strong, modular mounts. My work truck uses one for its computer and they are popular for emergency vehicle mounts. It grips the phone like a claw, wrapping around the front edges instead of only side clamping, to prevent slide out. The down side is you have to buy the dash mounts separate. This holder plus a suction cup mount and 6" extension bar will run me close to $50. It's the only car mount I've been able to find that grips around the front edge of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair