Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default texting with pics

Hi everyone,
    I am a newbie to Android. pulling my hair out with this Android environment. My BlackBerry was so easy to move file sand folders. my problem this hour is, I resent an e-mail to myself so I could get the pic into my M 8. I want to forward this photo as a text message. I do not have my friend e-mail , but have his phone number. On my Blackberry I would hit my menu button and click forward as , and it would give me a choice of send as text,e-mail or sms,pin . this phone just reopens my e-mail program.only save it in folders there,not on media card .
    If I go to the text menu the picture is impossible to retrieve ir from where i need it, my blackberry would let me save the photo to the media card, this phone only gives a choice of the folders in my e-mail program folders which the text message attach button only looks at my medai card and not my photos or my e-mail folders, for that matter???? going insane with this. why didn't anyone copy Blackberries????? any help ? this is not very intuitive of a system!!!
    "Excellence doesn't require perfection".

Default Re: texting with pics

In the e-mail, download the attach, then it would saved in your Gallery under "Download". Open your sms app, the person you want to send it to, then when you add an attachment, you'll be able to retrieve it.
    Thanked by:

long press pic, save to Gallery. then from Gallery send via SMS.

use ASTRO as your file explorer as needed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.metago.astro
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by marlins_lover View Post
    In the e-mail, download the attach, then it would saved in your Gallery under "Download". Open your sms app, the person you want to send it to, then when you add an attachment, you'll be able to retrieve it.
    the long press did work. it is still not as intuitive as Blackberry but will learn it! before you answered this post I reattached my phone to my computer plugged in my media card and found the photo there and synced, it then finished my text. this is a lot of wor learning a new phone. my ringtones took me all day! big problem I had the other day on day one , this phone screwed up my media card took days to retrieve the data. WHEW !
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

the next hurdle is to stop getting double and triple contacts ,pics, music ,MP3's! I have so much fragmented folders , each saved all over the place by different programs . computer is a wash with folders upon folders which don't always talk with phones! maddening!