Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) Locked up, lost all account syncs?

Hey all, my Verizon m8 locked up last night. The phone seemed to still work, but the screen would not turn on. But I could tell it was still working because I could still swipe up to unlock and the phone would vibrate, and if I held down power+volume down I could hear the screenshot being taken. However, without the screen I couldn't do anything. So I held down power+volume up for a few seconds to soft reset it. It booted back up into "safe mode", which I let load and then did a reboot. When it came back on, it took forever for all my apps to show up in the app drawer, but eventually they did come back. Phone worked fine for the rest of last night, however this morning I noticed my Twitter wasn't giving me notifications. So I opened up the app and had to log back in. I then opened facebook, and the same thing, I was logged out and none of my contacts were synced. After this, I realized ALL of my accounts except for Google were logged out, dropbox, box, flickr, etc.

I have since re-logged into everything, however I'm worried the lockup/reboot messed other things up that I just haven't noticed yet. Anyone else have this problem happen to them?

Global Posts
    7,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: HTC One (M8) Locked up, lost all account syncs?

Quote Originally Posted by sitlet View Post
    Hey all, my Verizon m8 locked up last night. The phone seemed to still work, but the screen would not turn on. But I could tell it was still working because I could still swipe up to unlock and the phone would vibrate, and if I held down power+volume down I could hear the screenshot being taken. However, without the screen I couldn't do anything. So I held down power+volume up for a few seconds to soft reset it. It booted back up into "safe mode", which I let load and then did a reboot. When it came back on, it took forever for all my apps to show up in the app drawer, but eventually they did come back. Phone worked fine for the rest of last night, however this morning I noticed my Twitter wasn't giving me notifications. So I opened up the app and had to log back in. I then opened facebook, and the same thing, I was logged out and none of my contacts were synced. After this, I realized ALL of my accounts except for Google were logged out, dropbox, box, flickr, etc.

I have since re-logged into everything, however I'm worried the lockup/reboot messed other things up that I just haven't noticed yet. Anyone else have this problem happen to them?
    I haven't heard of anything like that happening. It might be best to factory reset - be sure to backup your data - and start fresh. See if that helps straighten things out.