Video Playback problems? "Sorry, this video cannot be played"

migaux

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Over the last couple days, I have not been able to play a youtube video through the app, or any video using either the Chrome or Dolphin browser.

The error I get from youtube is "Connection to server lost. Touch to retry." and the one I get using the browsers (at various sites) is "sorry, this video cannot be played".

I've uninstalled/reinstalled youtube and the the Dolphin browsers. I've recycled power to the phone. I am connected to 4g and/or wifi. Also, the video playback on Netflix works just fine. It just seems like whatever controls the phones video playback is not working. Can someone help?

Thanks.

cbt007

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing this too. Anytime I try and advance further ahead in a video I get that error, but only when connected to 3G/LTE. When I connect through WIFI I don't seem to have it, or at least not as much.

My youtube app was stopping halfway through videos and then would not play them anymore until I cleared data for the app. Chrome still has issues.

Sorry I can't help further seeing as I would like to know if anyone has a solution as well.

migaux

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell, it's only happening with streaming video (except for Netflix). I can download a video and watch it. But if I try to watch a video off the browser, it's a no-go.

I've cleared the cache. I've removed all updates from youtube, the google play tv and movies, and I've recycled power to the phone. Still nothing.

The only other thing I can think of to try would be a factory reset. But I really don't want to. There's got to be another way. It was just working on Friday. Someone help, please. Give me some ideas.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't have that problem. For Dolphin, make sure you use their backdoor method for Flash Player.

Andrew Gordon1

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC One M8.

I got the problem when I fiddled with my Google Chrome extensions; I installed and quickly thereafter uninstalled an ad blocker program. The problem affected videos in facebook (whether through a browser or the app) and vimeo videos through my browser.

I first tried uninstalling/disabling facebook and chrome and re-installing them to no effect. I then backed up my phone, reset it to factory settings and then restored it. After this, I was able to play the videos in both programs.

Doing this old-fashioned approach worked for me and I hope it does for you as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma