Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Soundtrack to Chaos
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The question..

So the G3 is soon to be released. My question is, would it be worth selling my M8 for the G3, or keep the M8? I'm stuck between the two now.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: The question..

I think it just comes down to what you prefer, but I'm expecting a G2 with slightly bumped up specs and redesigned back buttons. If that's something you'd be willing to part with your M8 for, go for it. You're probably going to have to put a couple hundred dollars on top of whatever you get for the M8 because it's not worth the $600+ you paid for it anymore.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I think it just comes down to what you prefer, but I'm expecting a G2 with slightly bumped up specs and redesigned back buttons. If that's something you'd be willing to part with your M8 for, go for it. You're probably going to have to put a couple hundred dollars on top of whatever you get for the M8 because it's not worth the $600+ you paid for it anymore.
    True. The G3 looks so great though.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    True. The G3 looks so great though.

I agree. Bigger improvement over the G2 than I had thought...we'll see if it as good as it looks.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

No micro-sd card slot = deal breaker for me, no matter what the other specs are (unless the internal storage is 64+ GB). The G3 won't have one. Not sure if that's of concern to you, but I know it is for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    No micro-sd card slot = deal breaker for me, no matter what the other specs are (unless the internal storage is 64+ GB). The G3 won't have one. Not sure if that's of concern to you, but I know it is for a lot of people
    What makes you say the G3 won't have a micro-sd card slot? Around 2:00 he says there is a micro-sd card slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    There's going to be a 128GB microSD slot on the phone, apparently with the capability to handle a 2TB microSD card (if they're ever available in the future)

One of the spec lists I saw a while back said there was no micro-sd card support. If the final version has one, then my mistake.

It would be a bit much to sell it just to get the g3. You are getting a better display, and design, but other than that you really aren't mjssingf out on much by sticking with your m8

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    darkhan and AKFL3TCH3R like this.

I'll still be getting the M8.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines
    Skyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lyriciss View Post
    There's going to be a 128GB microSD slot on the phone, apparently with the capability to handle a 2TB microSD card (if they're ever available in the future)
    The maximum supported size is 128GB at the moment, and considering there's only one company that makes them at the moment, I think it's fair to say 2TB cards aren't coming anytime soon.

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    The maximum supported size is 128GB at the moment, and considering there's only one company that makes them at the moment, I think it's fair to say 2TB cards aren't coming anytime soon.
    aye, they just said it had the capability to do it in the future. for some people, that's a good selling point, especially if they plan to hold on to their phone for 2, maybe even 3, years. in that timeframe, 2TB cards could pop up, and their phone would already be equipped to handle them. i personally feel like i'm going to keep this M8 regardless, but i do like the specs of the G3, and i can see how the ability to use 2TB cards down the line would be appealing.