Are you upset that Apple Copied the iconic M7/M8 look for the iPhone 6?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
updated op.

The Antenna setup has got to be something HTC patent otherwise the lost potential to make money there! omg!

I found only this patent filing from 2010, but didn't see anything potentially related from 2012 or later (roughly the timeframe for anything related to the antenna design on the M7). However, it should be noted that HTC might have some extra firepower if it comes to litigation:

Nokia and HTC settle all litigation, sign massive patent and technology deal | WPCentral

(Antennas were involved in the lawsuits from that linked article.)

Lonestaroc

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I found only this patent filing from 2010, but didn't see anything potentially related from 2012 or later (roughly the timeframe for anything related to the antenna design on the M7). However, it should be noted that HTC might have some extra firepower if it comes to litigation:

Nokia and HTC settle all litigation, sign massive patent and technology deal | WPCentral

(Antennas were involved in the lawsuits from that linked article.)

Great finding. I recall Apple and HTC both settled their patent disputes and came to a agreement. Maybe this antenna positioning falls under this "resolution" from their agreement. UGH. Lost potential to sue Snapple.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It looks like an ugly cousin to the M8. Apple doesn't innovate anymore, they are now following and trying to mitigate their constantly diminishing market share, so I'm not surprised or upset that they took design cues from HTC.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If i didn't know who owns the big fat circle home button at the bottom, i'd be wondering which new android phone that was...

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
my niece a long time apple sheep, switched to Team Android few days ago, she bought an S5, I tried to talk her into an M8 but she wanted a white phone so the S5 got the nod, apple is losing people everyday

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

spetzie5

May 10, 2014
Visit site
That would have to be one of the ugliest phones I have ever seen. I have nothing against apple or their iphone, I just prefer android but that phone is **** ugly. It may have similarities to the m8 but It definitely hasn't got the style.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Incorrect. Dropped over 7% in the US over the last year and continual decline is projected in the trades.
Apple Inc. (AAPL) iPhone Lost Lost Grounds To Android In Q1 2014
I'm not trying to bash them, just sharing the math. They do well as an OEM but made almost zero market share improvement as an OEM in the last year, and that's fighting against the rising tide of Android sweeping over them.

Yet Apple sets record sales for the iPhone year after year, and the past year has been no different. 5s is the #1 selling smartphone in the U.S., as was the 5, 4s, 4, 3GS, etc. And more people switch from Android to iPhone than vice-versa.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...switching-from-android-this-year-than-in-2012

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yet Apple sets record sales for the iPhone year after year, and the past year has been no different. 5s is the #1 selling smartphone in the U.S., as was the 5, 4s, 4, 3GS, etc. And more people switch from Android to iPhone than vice-versa.
More iPhone buyers switching from Android this year than in 2012
That's entirely irrelevant the initial statement I made. I'm not trying to engage in an Iphone vs Android argument with you. I simply stated that their share in the market is continually weakening. It's just a fact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463