Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Are you upset that Apple Copied the iconic M7/M8 look for the iPhone 6?

I cant believe this hasn't been discussed.. (if so it was dismissed too quick) Apple's next flagship is a flattened HTC One.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Lonestaroc; 05-27-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Default Re: Are you upset that Apple Copied the iconic M7/M8 look for the iPhone 6?

Source?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Are you upset that Apple Copied the iconic M7/M8 look for the iPhone 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Source?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    updated op.

The Antenna setup has got to be something HTC patent otherwise the lost potential to make money there! omg!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestaroc View Post
    updated op.

The Antenna setup has got to be something HTC patent otherwise the lost potential to make money there! omg!
    I found only this patent filing from 2010, but didn't see anything potentially related from 2012 or later (roughly the timeframe for anything related to the antenna design on the M7). However, it should be noted that HTC might have some extra firepower if it comes to litigation:

Nokia and HTC settle all litigation, sign massive patent and technology deal | WPCentral

(Antennas were involved in the lawsuits from that linked article.)

Last I checked HTC copied apple first. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Apple never copies anyone. They are always first to do anything. I mean, they did invent the rectangle.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    I found only this patent filing from 2010, but didn't see anything potentially related from 2012 or later (roughly the timeframe for anything related to the antenna design on the M7). However, it should be noted that HTC might have some extra firepower if it comes to litigation:

Nokia and HTC settle all litigation, sign massive patent and technology deal | WPCentral

(Antennas were involved in the lawsuits from that linked article.)
    Great finding. I recall Apple and HTC both settled their patent disputes and came to a agreement. Maybe this antenna positioning falls under this "resolution" from their agreement. UGH. Lost potential to sue Snapple.

Personally, I really don't give a crap. Why would I? I would never buy an iPhone...I don't enjoy the OS as much as Android's.
    Thanked by:
    dty06 

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie_boombhats View Post
    Apple never copies anyone. They are always first to do anything. I mean, they did invent the rectangle.
    Side note: Your avatar is gonna give me nightmares.....lol
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    Side note: Your avatar is gonna give me nightmares.....lol
    Well, I do aim to please.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nizmoz View Post
    Last I checked HTC copied apple first. Lol

Very true.

It looks like an ugly cousin to the M8. Apple doesn't innovate anymore, they are now following and trying to mitigate their constantly diminishing market share, so I'm not surprised or upset that they took design cues from HTC.
    ugxvibe and ErnstMach like this.

If i didn't know who owns the big fat circle home button at the bottom, i'd be wondering which new android phone that was...
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    trying to mitigate their constantly diminishing market share
    Constantly increasing in the U.S..

my niece a long time apple sheep, switched to Team Android few days ago, she bought an S5, I tried to talk her into an M8 but she wanted a white phone so the S5 got the nod, apple is losing people everyday

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Constantly increasing in the U.S..
    Incorrect. Dropped over 7% in the US over the last year and continual decline is projected in the trades.
    Apple Inc. (AAPL) iPhone Lost Lost Grounds To Android In Q1 2014
    I'm not trying to bash them, just sharing the math. They do well as an OEM but made almost zero market share improvement as an OEM in the last year, and that's fighting against the rising tide of Android sweeping over them.

It's going to be interesting to see them in about 5 years.

Posted via HTC m8

That would have to be one of the ugliest phones I have ever seen. I have nothing against apple or their iphone, I just prefer android but that phone is **** ugly. It may have similarities to the m8 but It definitely hasn't got the style.
    Thanked by:
    B0WIE likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Incorrect. Dropped over 7% in the US over the last year and continual decline is projected in the trades.
    Apple Inc. (AAPL) iPhone Lost Lost Grounds To Android In Q1 2014
    I'm not trying to bash them, just sharing the math. They do well as an OEM but made almost zero market share improvement as an OEM in the last year, and that's fighting against the rising tide of Android sweeping over them.
    Yet Apple sets record sales for the iPhone year after year, and the past year has been no different. 5s is the #1 selling smartphone in the U.S., as was the 5, 4s, 4, 3GS, etc. And more people switch from Android to iPhone than vice-versa.
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...r-than-in-2012

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Yet Apple sets record sales for the iPhone year after year, and the past year has been no different. 5s is the #1 selling smartphone in the U.S., as was the 5, 4s, 4, 3GS, etc. And more people switch from Android to iPhone than vice-versa.
    More iPhone buyers switching from Android this year than in 2012
    That's entirely irrelevant the initial statement I made. I'm not trying to engage in an Iphone vs Android argument with you. I simply stated that their share in the market is continually weakening. It's just a fact.
    Thanked by:
    ErnstMach likes this.

Default Are you upset that Apple Copied the iconic M7/M8 look for the iPhone 6?

This really isn't about Apple vs Android. It's about Samsung vs Apple vs HTC vs LG vs the rest...

Side note: I will never stop using my Note 3 and Iphone 5s!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cnotes2019; 05-29-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: cuz i can

The only reason you think it is irrelevant is because it contradicts with you

The market share us dropping because the make 2 phones, perioud.

If you want to compare, stop comparing a phone to a whole operating system where every monkey and it's cousin puts some old crapy android on a kiosk $5 job.

Want to compare iPhone 5, fine, compare it to phones releaced at the same time.

The problem is everybody is unfairly comparing everything bundled together against 1 device. Including scrappy devices made by Joe blow to sell via girl scouts, or devices given away to people who open a free checking account.

You don't hear people saying a Ferrari sucks compared to a Toyota Corrola or Honda civic sales wise. No you want to compare a Ferrari to a Lamborghini and Porsche. Not a Corrola, Prius, and Ford ranger

Sent from my HTC One M8

That's entirely irrelevant the initial statement I made. I'm not trying to engage in an Iphone vs Android argument with you. I simply stated that their share in the market is continually weakening. It's just a fact.
    Posted via Android Central App

That shell was not made by Apple, it was made by some random guy based off rumors from random people on the internet

History of Apple's announcements compared to rumors should show just how close it will be, after all everybody said the iPhone 5 was going to be phablet size with expandable storage and a host of other features

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestaroc View Post
    I cant believe this hasn't been discussed.. (if so it was dismissed too quick) Apple's next flagship is a flattened HTC One.

Discuss.
    Last edited by ankah; 05-30-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Global Posts
    4,361 Global Posts

Why would anyone be upset? Like what you like and be happy with what you have.

2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Quote Originally Posted by ankah View Post
    The only reason you think it is irrelevant is because it contradicts with you

The market share us dropping because the make 2 phones, perioud.

If you want to compare, stop comparing a phone to a whole operating system where every monkey and it's cousin puts some old crapy android on a kiosk $5 job.

Want to compare iPhone 5, fine, compare it to phones releaced at the same time.

The problem is everybody is unfairly comparing everything bundled together against 1 device. Including scrappy devices made by Joe blow to sell via girl scouts, or devices given away to people who open a free checking account.

You don't hear people saying a Ferrari sucks compared to a Toyota Corrola or Honda civic sales wise. No you want to compare a Ferrari to a Lamborghini and Porsche. Not a Corrola, Prius, and Ford ranger

Sent from my HTC One M8

What on earth are you on about?? That's untrue and you didn't point out any contradiction at all. If you like Apple, great. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I just made a factual statement, with a source. Somehow, you made the leap to thinking that had something to do with phone bashing. I don't play those games.
    Thanked by:
    ErnstMach likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast