Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By mlee19841
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what color do you have ?

I have seen the gunmetal in person but not the gold or the silver. I'm curious what color you have and how you feel about the feel in the hand. Do you have any scratches, etc ?

Default Re: what color do you have ?

Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I have seen the gunmetal in person but not the gold or the silver. I'm curious what color you have and how you feel about the feel in the hand. Do you have any scratches, etc ?
    I have the black Harmon Kardon edition. I love how thin and balanced it felt in my hand, however knew it was a matter of time before it slipped out as I was putting into my pants pocket, so I put in a Spigen Slim Armor case. It added a little bulk, but worth the piece of mind.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
    Thanked by:

Out of the box I think they call it a type of Gun Metal Grey... but I don't see that very often... I had a Spigen Slim Armor case that was Silver on it... but now I have a Teal Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU Case on it since the IR blaster actual works with this case.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Gun metal grey for me. Not a fan of the gold. I would have preferred the black one, but this is still one very sexy device.

Posted from my M8

I will be grabbing the gunmetal grey.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    saichick04 likes this.

Gunmetal, probably the best looking phone I've ever seen, just a little slippery

[JTC ONE m8]

Quote Originally Posted by jtc303 View Post
    Gunmetal, probably the best looking phone I've ever seen, just a little slippery

[JTC ONE m8]
    That's the only thing I'm worried about :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    That's the only thing I'm worried about :P.

It's really not that slippery, at least for me. If your hands sweat easily I can see it being a bit slippery, especially as it heats up with use (never gets hot, though), but for me it's really not bad. It is thin enough that a pocket miss is very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dty06 View Post
    It's really not that slippery, at least for me. If your hands sweat easily I can see it being a bit slippery, especially as it heats up with use (never gets hot, though), but for me it's really not bad. It is thin enough that a pocket miss is very possible.
    That's comforting to hear. I'll have mine later tonight after work .

Quote Originally Posted by dty06 View Post
    My hands stay bone dry but I still find it to be slippery... Maybe it just needs some time to discard the "new" feel

[JTC ONE m8]

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Just picked up the gun metal grey.loving it. Coming from a iPhone 5s.

Posted via Android Central App
    dty06 likes this.

My hands stay bone dry but I still find it to be slippery... Maybe it just needs some time to discard the "new" feel

[JTC ONE m8]
    I've had the phone since Sunday, it hasn't been slippery for me at all. It may be the way I hold it, which is with a grip around the sides, not just resting the back on my fingers. Or maybe some are just more slippery than others. Regardless, I will put it in a case soon.

Gunmetal, great looking phone. Put one of those clear backed cases on it but the case got scratched so easily it started to look horrible so I ditched it. Got a black Diztronics TPU case on the way. The phone is just too slippery for my liking. Its a shame because its so pretty.

Gunmetal Gray, Sprint version. It's a LITTLE slippery, but nowhere near enough for it to be an annoyance for me, especially since I installed Gesture Listener on there so I can just put the screen to sleep by tapping it with 3 fingers at once. I never have to bother with the power button unless I'm turning the phone completely off (which I never do), which makes gripping the phone something I rarely have to focus on.

[JTC ONE m8]
    That is why I got a Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU Case... it feels great in my hand now.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

So after ordering a folding case and not liking the bulk it added, I ordered this wrap...
    http://www.slickwraps.com/HTC-One-M8...one8-cfblk.htm

Looks cool, adds grip and protection

[JTC ONE m8]

Gun Metal Gray... Wish it was Gold.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Gunmetal gray, but I can't see it, it's inside of a Otterbox defender case!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk