Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turning on WiFi issues?

So, I noticed that when I try to turn on WiFi, nothing happens. If I do it from the drop down settings, I click on the WiFi to turn it on, but it just blinks as if looking for several seconds but doesn't actually turn on. If I do it from the actual settings, I click on the On/Off button but it stays gray and does not actually turn on. Anyone else have this issue? How can I fix this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCaoa View Post
    So, I noticed that when I try to turn on WiFi, nothing happens. If I do it from the drop down settings, I click on the WiFi to turn it on, but it just blinks as if looking for several seconds but doesn't actually turn on. If I do it from the actual settings, I click on the On/Off button but it stays gray and does not actually turn on. Anyone else have this issue? How can I fix this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Fixed it for her

I just restarted her phone and Wi-Fi is now working correctly.

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Default Re: Turning on WiFi issues?

I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and I'm having the same issue. On the WiFi screen, it says "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi", but when I slide it to ON (which stays grayed out), it just says "Turning on..." for a little while then goes back to the "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi" screen. And there are no networks to see. The "Scan" and "Wi-Fi Direct" buttons are grayed out and un-pushable. I've tried restarting, removing the battery and SD card, leaving my WiFi area and coming back, airplane mode. Nothing has worked. It's a galaxy S3. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.

Default Re: Turning on WiFi issues?

Quote Originally Posted by daveb75 View Post
    I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and I'm having the same issue. On the WiFi screen, it says "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi", but when I slide it to ON (which stays grayed out), it just says "Turning on..." for a little while then goes back to the "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi" screen. And there are no networks to see. The "Scan" and "Wi-Fi Direct" buttons are grayed out and un-pushable. I've tried restarting, removing the battery and SD card, leaving my WiFi area and coming back, airplane mode. Nothing has worked. It's a galaxy S3. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.
    Might want to post this in the gs3 section, this is the m8 section.

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.