Ever since update my music lock screen widget is gone...cant find help please

77drago

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

I am pretty much a widget and app newbie, I hardly use anything except the music app. Prior to the last update (within a month or so) I was able to access the music controls from the lock screen, now it doesn't show up unless I am already playing music. I did finally discover that I could access it by swiping to another screen but this is an extra step that I didnt have before. There is nothing but the stupid clock on the lock screen now, so plenty of room for a small music widget. I just cant figure out how to add it there. I've googled the heck out of this and cant seem to find any good info.

Also, prior to 4.4 my music could be changed by swiping left or right, now I have to press the small arrow button, which is harder while driving.

Can I just downgrade? 4.4 sucks

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello there,

I am pretty much a widget and app newbie, I hardly use anything except the music app. Prior to the last update (within a month or so) I was able to access the music controls from the lock screen, now it doesn't show up unless I am already playing music. I did finally discover that I could access it by swiping to another screen but this is an extra step that I didnt have before. There is nothing but the stupid clock on the lock screen now, so plenty of room for a small music widget. I just cant figure out how to add it there. I've googled the heck out of this and cant seem to find any good info.

Also, prior to 4.4 my music could be changed by swiping left or right, now I have to press the small arrow button, which is harder while driving.

Can I just downgrade? 4.4 sucks

Any help would be appreciated.

First, which music player?

Are you sure the music widget on the lock screen has always been front and center? I don't recall that capability.

4.4 is what this phone came with so there's definitely no downloading to a lower numbered version. If you want to root and unlock the boot loader I'm sure you can find a ROM without this update in it. But that all seems unnecessary.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

77drago

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well whatever update they just forced me to download (at&t here) changed the music controls. I use the standard music player, whichever one came with it.

Prior to the update I could start music from the lock screen (without having to unlock phone), the function is now gone. It literally makes me want to chuck this pos and go back to apple.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well whatever update they just forced me to download (at&t here) changed the music controls. I use the standard music player, whichever one came with it.

Prior to the update I could start music from the lock screen (without having to unlock phone), the function is now gone. It literally makes me want to chuck this pos and go back to apple.

So you don't want to swipe over one page on the lock screen and hit play?
If I remember correctly, on the iPhone you still have to either double tap the home button or swipe up from the bottom for control center? Sorry its been a while...
But anyway, what's the difference?

Posted via Android Central App

77drago

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The difference is it was perfect before the update and now its not. Updates are suppose to improve functionality not hinder it. I am not going back to apple....so guess its a windows phone next.

Thanks for the replies.

Tor Slettnes

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my original HTC One (M7) (rooted/running custom firmware). After one of the most recent upgrades (probably the one that brought HTC Sense 6), HTC's own "Music Player" widget is gone - though the Google Play Music is still there.

The only way I could bring it back was to do a factory reset (or FW reflash, wiping /data). At this point the Music Player widget shows up, but if I then restore my old settings (from a TWRP backup), it is gone again.

I was also not able to figure out what settings I could remove to bring it back. I tried deleting cache + data for the "HTC Music Player" app, removing some folders in /data/apps, etc - but gave up in the end. So now I'm rebuilding my desktop from scratch after a factory reset.

Rolo De La France

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
SOLUTION

Ok I too had the same issue with the mp3 player controls no longer appearing on my lock screen along with notifications. I have a solution. Follow this path and it should fix i. I use a note 4 but shouldn't be that different. Go to settings>device>sounds and notifications >click while locked and choose show all content. This should fix it or you can individually choose application notifications. Hope this helps...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR