Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I think my m8 has a bad battery

Hey, I have got a problem with my m8. The battery power is not as good as i thougt. I'm always reading that the usual Screen on Time is 6-7 hours.
    I'm only getting about 5 hours. And when I am Browsing on the stock browser I'm losing about 1% all 3-4 Minutes on medium brightness.
    GPS, NFC are all deactivated. My usual usage is whatsapp, facebook, browsing, youtube, a bit games.

Here are some screenshots from Gsam battery monitor:

I think my m8 has a bad battery-805f2ba3401391c41b969e0e170a07c5815be7e8b4301baaffcd167af08b282c.jpg I think my m8 has a bad battery-af7b51f254c05bf1811cf2814bc2f208c58ffde8d02aa9fed4a6af5fd994dcf3.jpg

So is it looks normal or should i send my m8 to repair?

(sorry for my english, i am german)

Default Re: I think my m8 has a bad battery

Welcome to the forums!!

I think you're still getting good battery life but just to be sure I'm gonna see if anyone else can chime in
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Looks normal to me. Can't complain about 15 to 18 hours per charge!

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central! How is the cell signal throughout the day? If it's poor in some places, that can contribute to battery drain. Show us a screenshot of your Settings>Battery screen, and if you see Cell Standby, tap it and show us that screen as well. I'm interested to see the "Time Without Signal" figure.

Global Posts
    7,019 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to AC!
    According to friends with that phone it is normal.
    I agree with Diddy about the signal.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    23,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Everything looks fine to me too. Welcome to the forums.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hi, when i am at home i'm using wifi. At work i have either Hspa or EDGE. I am not sure about how strong the Signal is but i think its medium.
    I saw here screens from the m8 with Gsam with 7-10 hours Display on. Thats why i am thnking my battery sucks.

Do you mean this:

I think my m8 has a bad battery-1903ddaf29efd4097fb7b3999713b580598b38158b5c706f0cd7be3ad14f2e79.jpg

Global Posts
    23,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by konsto99 View Post
    Hi, when i am at home i'm using wifi. At work i have either Hspa or EDGE. I am not sure about how strong the Signal is but i think its medium.
    I saw here screens from the m8 with Gsam with 7-10 hours Display on. Thats why i am thnking my battery sucks.

Do you mean this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1903ddaf29efd4097fb7b3999713b580598b38158b5c706f0cd7be3ad14f2e79.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	120648
    Keep in mind that a smartphone is at its core, a phone, and will kill itself to maintain a signal, no matter how weak. That may also be the major part of your issue.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Where are you located? Where I am in California (on T-Mobile), if I'm getting EDGE, it usually means signal is pretty poor. I'm usually on LTE or HSPA+. So if you're getting EDGE a lot, maybe signal is an issue.

Looks fine to me

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Does only 2 hours or so of screen on time seem awful? Here is mine from today after listening to tune in radio for 3 hours, music for 5 and not much screen on time. My battery seems to go down a a couple percentage points every time I turn the screen on for a few minutes. It went down5% while I was working on this post and attaching pictures...
    I think my m8 has a bad battery-screenshot_2014-05-30-14-57-46.jpg
    I think my m8 has a bad battery-screenshot_2014-05-30-14-57-50.jpg
    I think my m8 has a bad battery-screenshot_2014-05-30-14-57-58.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mcal24 View Post
    Does only 2 hours or so of screen on time seem awful? Here is mine from today after listening to tune in radio for 3 hours, music for 5 and not much screen on time. My battery seems to go down a a couple percentage points every time I turn the screen on for a few minutes. It went down5% while I was working on this post and attaching pictures...

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-57-46.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	120790

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-57-50.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	120791

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-14-57-58.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	120792
    That really weak wifi signal isn't helping.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    That really weak wifi signal isn't helping.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.
    Even so, it says it only took about 5%, correct?

You think I should try to get a replacement? I've already tried factory resetting twice

Were you listening to music on headphones or over the speakers? If the latter, and if you were listening at a loud volume, I'm guessing that could have eaten up a good amount of battery. Those high quality speakers come at a price!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Were you listening to music on headphones or over the speakers? If the latter, and if you were listening at a loud volume, I'm guessing that could have eaten up a good amount of battery. Those high quality speakers come at a price!
    It was with headphones, so you wouldn't think that would take much battery. Every time I turn on the screen, the battery drops a percentage or 2. I might try going in to Verizon.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

A system restore wouldn't hurt. I know it's a pain settings things back again.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    A system restore wouldn't hurt. I know it's a pain settings things back again.

Tried that twice already, even right now I don't have much installed but the essentials.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

So here is a screen from Today. It seems to be normal. I'm watched the most time videos on my Browser.

I think my m8 has a bad battery-e20a2488fc572144fbc4afd2d56103abb6227204e1a31ad05ef6151c71054453.jpg

And what means System (mediaserver)? That sucks the most battery in app usage.

So here is a screen from Today. It seems to be normal. I'm watched the most time videos on my Browser.

Name:	e20a2488fc572144fbc4afd2d56103abb6227204e1a31ad05ef6151c71054453.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	121001

And what means System (mediaserver)? That sucks the most battery in app usage.
    I believe media server is when you listen to music or watching videos might count as well, probably anything media.

And I definitely think my battery has something wrong now. I don't think I've ever had more than 3.5 hours screen on time, and you had that on half your battery.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I believe media server is when you listen to music or watching videos might count as well, probably anything media.

And I definitely think my battery has something wrong now. I don't think I've ever had more than 3.5 hours screen on time, and you had that on half your battery.

Well, that depents on how you are using your phone. If you always play games it's normal. If you just have light usage than there is something wrong with your battery.

Well, that depents on how you are using your phone. If you always play games it's normal. If you just have light usage than there is something wrong with your battery.
    Just curious how your phone is. I've been using mine for like 40 minutes straight and had 9% battery drop. Is that normal or too much? I've been browsing on tapatalk, checking Twitter and liking through my settings.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Just curious how your phone is. I've been using mine for like 40 minutes straight and had 9% battery drop. Is that normal or too much? I've been browsing on tapatalk, checking Twitter and liking through my settings.

I think thats normal. Mine is about the same. 40 minutes display on and 9% thats more than 7 hours display on and that's good.

I think thats normal. Mine is about the same. 40 minutes display on and 9% thats more than 7 hours display on and that's good.
    Alright, although being down to 42% now after being off the charger for about 5 hours still seems like it drains too quick.

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Can you send please a screnn from Gsam?

Can you send please a screnn from Gsam?
    It says 9 hours but for 3 of them I just unplugged the phone and didn't do anything, so it's more like 6 hours. I've been trying to use it a ton today. And this is the most screen on time I've ever had, you can see the average is just over 2 hours at the bottom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast