Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quick charge 2.0

Has anybody been able to find out where to buy this charger or if it's even available yet? I can't find anything..

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Quick charge 2.0

It's not available yet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post
    It's not available yet.
    OK good to know... I can't wait to get it...

I hope they hurry up with this. Kind of dumb to release it with the capability but not give us the hardware .

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Hopefully soon. Would suck if it's months down the line.

Posted via HTC m8

It's available on Amazon now.

It's also available through HTC for 50% off!!!!!

Quick charge 2.0-rapid-charger.jpg

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

Well, it does show 50% off, but they're out of stock. They could show as 90% off of they wanted. Hope it'll still be on sale when they get more in stock.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Just buy any charger with a 2Amp output.

Nevermind, I just found 2Amp was in QuickCharge1.0, while QuickCharge2.0 has a 3Amp output.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    Well, it does show 50% off, but they're out of stock. They could show as 90% off of they wanted. Hope it'll still be on sale when they get more in stock.
    I actually was able to place my order, then received an email stating that it is back-ordered but at least I got the 50% off.
    When they are available in stock, they will ship.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by puch96 View Post
    I actually was able to place my order, then received an email stating that it is back-ordered but at least I got the 50% off.
    When they are available in stock, they will ship.
    I did the same thing. Thanks for updating!
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Awesome! I just got confirmation that my order was shipped today.!!!..
    Looking forward to testing the new rapid charger 2.0.....
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Awesome! I just got confirmation that my order was shipped today.!!!..
    Looking forward to testing the new rapid charger 2.0.....
    The Amazon reviews state that it's just the standard charger that comes with the HTC One m8...I just noticed that after it was purchased... i just received mine in the mail today but my lady won't let me open it because it's one of my stocking suffers... Fml

open it up and send it back if its 20 bucks for a standard charger that's coal in the stocking
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by budlight-budlight View Post
    open it up and send it back if its 20 bucks for a standard charger that's coal in the stocking
    Agreed

Also purchased during this Tuesday's sale, also initially got the backorder message, also have since received the "shipped" message and expect to get it tomorrow. I thought it was pretty clear that it's the quick charger. Already have a third party mfr's quickcharger and with the right kernel, works very well on my M8. Will be mighty frosted if this new one isn't the real thing.

My name is Harold and I'm a flashaholic....
    HTC One M8 (2014)
    Nexus 7 FHD
    Transformer TF300T

Mine that I ordered from HTC will arrive today. I will post pics when i receive confirming 2.0 rapid charge...

Unless it is advertised specifically as Quick Charge 2.0, don't expect it to have that. Using terms like rapid charger, or quick charge (minus the 2.0 designation) are just marketing. I looked around on Amazon and all the HTC chargers were listed as the regular charger, nothing advertised as QC2.0. The ads may be misleading, but are not false when you get down to it and read the full description.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Unless it is advertised specifically as Quick Charge 2.0, don't expect it to have that. Using terms like rapid charger, or quick charge (minus the 2.0 designation) are just marketing. I looked around on Amazon and all the HTC chargers were listed as the regular charger, nothing advertised as QC2.0. The ads may be misleading, but are not false when you get down to it and read the full description.
    It better be the real deal... It was advertised on the HTC site as Quick Charge 2.0 by Qualcom (or Rapid Charger as HTC calls it)......
    I also saw a bunch of "quick charge" or "rapid charge" on Amazon, but they are only the standard 1.5A that comes with the M8.....

It better be the real deal... It was advertised on the HTC site as Quick Charge 2.0 by Qualcom (or Rapid Charger as HTC calls it)......
    I also saw a bunch of "quick charge" or "rapid charge" on Amazon, but they are only the standard 1.5A that comes with the M8.....
    Since you didn't post a link to the one you specifically bought, I was speaking more in generalities based on what was available when I searched.

There a re a bunch of other Qualcom Quickcharge 2.0 adapters now available on Amazon. I bought the Tenergy wall plug and the GetNow car charger and they both seem to work fine.

I got mine. I did a quick test and in 15 minutes battery went from 35% to 70%. I'm happy

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick charge 2.0-4300.jpg