sucked dry!

tcseacliff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks!
trying to learn this android phone. from blackberry..how do you shut apps and webpages and stuff? my battery is draining within hours just sitting next to me. must be leaving crap open but usually have to power off the phone. not sure how to find open things. I have the battery manager on, but not the extreme one (too extreme!). so many app have no close or exit buttons, some do. I miss the blackberry menu button! why didn't anyone copy Blackberry's easy to use interface? Android so far is not so intuitive .
this phone is fast, great screen awesome sound but the user stuff, too many folders and very difficult to move stuff around. I am either almost deleting stuff or opening stuff i did not want to open, but anyway my battery 5 hrs tops! any ideas? slow charging also!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I never closer apps per say. I rather back out of them. Something is hanging up thorough which is causing your extreme battery drain. Have you loaded gsam to try and track down the issue?

My M7 will do this on occasion but it rights itself after a day or so...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with ffejjj--it would be helpful to see your battery stats, either from your main Settings menu or from the GSam Battery Monitor app. That can help pinpoint the problem.

Habitually closing apps is not the answer, because that isn't how Android is designed. Doing so can actually drain battery more. See this article here: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central. That's not to say that sometimes an app won't malfunction and keep the phone awake constantly, thus draining battery--in that case, it's helpful to Force Stop it.

Review this guide and see if any of the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The best thing for you to do is study up a bit. YouTube has many videos on to do things for about anything you can imagine. Look up how to use android Kit Kat 4.2.2 operating system or OS. I've used IPhones ,Blackberry and Android. After I learned how to navigate with Android. I wouldn't go back to the others for the life of me. If you wish to stop your running apps. Press the bottom right hand button on the right side of the one that looks like a home. From there you will see all of the last 8 apps you have used. At the top you will see an X. Press it and all the apps will go away or slide your finger in an upward motion across each app to remove them one by one. If you wish to see what is using your battery up. Go to settings by swiping from the top of the screen down with two fingers and hitting the icon that looks like a gear. From there slide down till you the ward Power. From there you will see a list of apps and the % of power they used from your battery. I hope this helps you out and welcome to ANDROID.

Naptownlove77- HTC ~⊙N?~🇲8

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Go into settings, select the battery manager and then usage. You will see a list of what is using your battery power starting with highest useage. see if you have something in the list that may be sucking down all the juice......

tcseacliff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The best thing for you to do is study up a bit. YouTube has many videos on to do things for about anything you can imagine. Look up how to use android Kit Kat 4.2.2 operating system or OS. I've used IPhones ,Blackberry and Android. After I learned how to navigate with Android. I wouldn't go back to the others for the life of me. If you wish to stop your running apps. Press the bottom right hand button on the right side of the one that looks like a home. From there you will see all of the last 8 apps you have used. At the top you will see an X. Press it and all the apps will go away or slide your finger in an upward motion across each app to remove them one by one. If you wish to see what is using your battery up. Go to settings by swiping from the top of the screen down with two fingers and hitting the icon that looks like a gear. From there slide down till you the ward Power. From there you will see a list of apps and the % of power they used from your battery. I hope this helps you out and welcome to ANDROID.

Naptownlove77- HTC ~⊙N?~8
thanks everybody for this good info. B diddy- I will read that link sounds helpful, I know Android is great, just have to learn it. I do remember being lost when i came to blackberry,so i guess this is no diffrent. I just looked at the battery manager. I had my phone on charge. @ 100% I took two pictures. my phone is now @ 98% and the metr say,s 48% on the camera usage? is that 48% of the 2% used?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Cliff, use your phone as normal and let your battery run down for a while. Then take a screen shot of your battery usage and post it here

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app