First Full Day With M8

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my M8 last night and I must say I am really liking it. Today was a full day and the battery is at 11% right now. I took the phone off the charger at 6:30 this morning. I think that's pretty good.

Now I just need to figure out what the M8 can do that my M7 couldn't. The joys of a new device!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Picked up my M8 last night and I must say I am really liking it. Today was a full day and the battery is at 11% right now. I took the phone off the charger at 6:30 this morning. I think that's pretty good.

Now I just need to figure out what the M8 can do that my M7 couldn't. The joys of a new device!

Awesome! Sounds like you are enjoying the device after a good fist day of use. Here is a write-up Alex did comparing the M7 & M8, hopefully it helps you understand some of the differences: One versus One: Comparing HTC's all-new flagship to its predecessor | Android Central

Let us know if you have any questions.

jwolfington5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine now for 3 days and I love it. I came from a Nexus 5 and I don't even know what to do with this battery life compared to the Nexus 5.

Posted via Android Central App

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am really loving the battery life of this phone. It has been off the charger for 28 plus hours and still has 30% left.

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Here is a typical day for me. I unplug my phone from the charger, I plug in my USB DAC (drains from the battery much quicker than listening to music directly off the phone). I listen to music for about an hour and 20 minutes on my commute to work. I will GPS on map if I am unfamiliar with an area (which I do quite often lately since I started a new job). I spend my breaks and lunch pretty much just browsing the internet full stop, reddit, forums, checking my ebay and accounts etc. About an hour and 20 minutes total browsing the net with my phone at work. I listen to another hour 20 minutes of music over my USB DAC while browsing the internet on my commute back home. I make a call or two (made a 20 minute call today). I continue to faff around on my phone sending messages etc. After a 15 hour day of doing all of that, my phone is still sitting at 31%. If I didn't use a USB DAC or GPS it would probably be about 50% or higher left. Really quite good battery life.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this battery life along is well worth the upgrade to me. I haven't reached 20% yet and I been using my phone like crazy.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is a typical day for me. I unplug my phone from the charger, I plug in my USB DAC (drains from the battery much quicker than listening to music directly off the phone). I listen to music for about an hour and 20 minutes on my commute to work. I will GPS on map if I am unfamiliar with an area (which I do quite often lately since I started a new job). I spend my breaks and lunch pretty much just browsing the internet full stop, reddit, forums, checking my ebay and accounts etc. About an hour and 20 minutes total browsing the net with my phone at work. I listen to another hour 20 minutes of music over my USB DAC while browsing the internet on my commute back home. I make a call or two (made a 20 minute call today). I continue to faff around on my phone sending messages etc. After a 15 hour day of doing all of that, my phone is still sitting at 31%. If I didn't use a USB DAC or GPS it would probably be about 50% or higher left. Really quite good battery life.

What's a USB DAC?

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
What's a USB DAC?

It's a Digital to Audio converter/soundcard/amp that you can plug into your phone for improved sound output. You can use it on a laptop as well.

This is the one I use.

hrt_microstreamer_ipad_2.jpg

(you can see it on the left in this pic. It's pretty small). It's called an HRT microstreamer.

It improves audio quality by a pretty big margin. If I listen to the M8 stock audio is sounds muddy, booming and congested in comparison (with boomsound off as well) but the M8 still does sound ok on it's own.

I got into it basically looking for a soundcard for my laptop because my laptop has bad sound interference from the hard drive and scrolling and so on. I purchased a Xonar U3 and discovered you could use a USB Dac with android phones. I tried the Xonar U3 on my android devices and it didn't work so well. So then I discovered the HRT microstreamer and thought I'd give it a shot and I'm very happy with it. I've had Shure SE535 for a couple of years but never a good audio source so I was missing out. When I listen to other sources they instantly sound bad to me now. I thought the Xonar U3 sounded pretty good until I A/B'ed it with the HRT.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How much screen time are you light users getting? I've noticed on my s5 that streaming movies/twitch TV lasts a lot longer compared to gaming surfing the Web. I must not understand why but I found it interesting that streaming is more efficient compared to gaming.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Good to see that the battery life is great on the device. I bought one for my ole man for father's day and couldn't wait to deliver it to him, so I guess it's an early father's day gift. He did find the blinkfeed a little annoying so I disabled that right off the bat. What features do you guys find that separate this device from its competitors?

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
BlinkFeed for one (but I can understand how folks would think it's annoying, I did too). Those speakers...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon