battery issues

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My battery lasts for far longer than my iPhone ever would. But I keep running into an issue with correct battery percentage when I restart the phone. One time it'll display 100% then if I restart it it'll display 70%. Anyone know what causes this

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you done anything to test whether the battery is actually 100 or actually 70 when this happens? It's important to determine whether you're actually getting a huge drain or whether it just gets stuck on 100 for longer than it should and is then updated.

Sent from my HTC One M8

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I should reword this. While it's on the charger if I restart the phone at say 70%, when it fully boots back up its at 100% after 5 mins of being off

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well again, my question is which reading is correct. It's safe to assume it's not charging 30 percent in a couple minutes, but was it actually at 100 or was it really at 70 before the restart. When it says 100 where is it at? You need to just do some run down tests and figure out what's going on here to continue in the troubleshooting process. Alternatively you could go with the factory reset route or other similar methods.

Sent from my HTC One M8

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me the other day. I replied to something similar in another thread.
I had 59% battery, plugged in phone, power cycled it, booted back up at 100%. No way it charged that fast. Its a calibration issue.
Nothing to sweat over. Let the battery run down to the point of where the phone turns off.
Then plug in the charger (keeping phone off), let it charge to green LED.. Then power ON phone. Keep it plugged in. Wait another 20 minutes with out using it then unplug and use all you want. At this point it should be calibrated.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski