Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mhettrich
  • 1 Post By F8ker8
  • 1 Post By Dom3stic_T3rrorist
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who has dropped their M8?

... And what happened? I have been lucky enough not to have dropped mine, with the exception of it sliding off the side of the bed, in a hyperion case and onto carpet...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Who has dropped their M8?

Had mine for a couple days no case just a screen protector. So far so good

I've dropped it. Little scratch on the top. Adds character haha.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8, Nexus 5, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: LG G3, Note 3, Moto X, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    pikachu95 likes this.

sadly dropped mine from about waist high onto blacktop, put a small gash on the top right side and a few other barely noticeable knicks

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Mine has slipped off my lap in my car but fortunately I havnt dropped it like onto concrete or anything hard

Dropped mine from a little above waist high onto a hard tile floor and there is one scuff mark in the bottom right hand corner. I hate it but it is what it is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    I've dropped it. Little scratch on the top. Adds character haha.
    I keep seeing ppl say it adds character... But I'm sorry, I'd lose my effin mind!!!!

OhAlfie likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Dropped mine from a little above waist high onto a hard tile floor and there is one scuff mark in the bottom right hand corner. I hate it but it is what it is.

Are you going to get a case now?

Quote Originally Posted by F8ker8 View Post
    I keep seeing ppl say it adds character... But I'm sorry, I'd lose my effin mind!!!!

Understandable haha. I've come to the realization that it is going to happen eventually, so I don't stress about it.

Current Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8, Nexus 5, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: LG G3, Note 3, Moto X, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Understandable haha. I've come to the realization that it is going to happen eventually, so I don't stress about it.

Well your more of a man than me.. I stress out just from fingerprints on the screen...

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by F8ker8 View Post
    Are you going to get a case now?

I had a case on it but its just a slim hard snap on case that doesn't protect the top/bottom. I didn't realize that when I bought the case unfortunately:/

Dropped mine naked from about waist height on cruel concrete.
    Got a minor scuff and couple of tiny scratches. It hurts way more than I ever expected it to. :/
    But then, my Otterbox is on its way. :P

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I guess it's safe to say the M8 can easily scar no matter how you drop it...

I have a bad habit of laying the phone in my lap while driving then getting out and the phone goes flying across the parking lot, this happened with the m8 and luckily there was only a scratch on the edge . The phone was laying face down with no case so I amazed the screen was not shattered.. Good thing it happened during an exchange period so I exchanged it with no problem

Dropped mine getting out of car at only 5 days old shattered the screen... , - had been procrastinating unable to decide which case. Luckily I was able to send it to HTC advantage and they replaced the screen. She is secure in an otterbox now..

Dropped once the day I got it by a sprint rep......😠😠😠😠😠😠 dropped on to the carpet naked never letting them touch my phone again

coronaboy10 likes this.

Dropped mine once, went flying outta my hoody pocket wrestling around. Luckily landed on the carpet.

My friend dropped it on hardwood floor when he was trying out my phone, it was unscathed because it was behind a Zagg glass screen protector and Spigen Slim Armor case.

So is the build quality good enough to survive drops without a case? The build quality is good and the drop test videos seem promising because one of them was able to run over an M8 with a truck and still have it working.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

Dropped mine from chair height onto a patio within two weeks of the phone coming out and it smashed the screen :-(