Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default power saving option?

    I could have sworn the m7 had a power saving option under the battery option in settings. For some reason it was left out on the m8?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: power saving option?

    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I could have sworn the m7 had a power saving option under the battery option in settings. For some reason it was left out on the m8?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Nope, it's there. The m8 has a regular power saver mode and an extreme power saver mode. They are under settings - battery manager

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: power saving option?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Nope, it's there. The m8 has a regular power saver mode and an extreme power saver mode. They are under settings - battery manager

    Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon m8 nothing their for extreme power saving mode.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails power saving option?-4405.jpg  
  4. #4  

    Default Re: power saving option?

    Have you tried checking your phone for a firmware update? If it's up to date, you could try going into [Settings > Apps > All > Settings] and select clear data.
  5. #5  
    mcal24's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

    Default Re: power saving option?

    Quote Originally Posted by soshi89 View Post
    Have you tried checking your phone for a firmware update? If it's up to date, you could try going into [Settings > Apps > All > Settings] and select clear data.
    I also don't have any power saver mode. Must be a Verizon thing.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: power saving option?

    Think it is.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: power saving option?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcal24 View Post
    I also don't have any power saver mode. Must be a Verizon thing.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I have Verizon as well and there's no battery saver mode at all (or even an "Apps" menu in settings, only App Manager to uninstall apps)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: power saving option?

    I found out how to do it if interested. You would have to be rooted just for the power save options. For the extreme power save option you have to flash a custom recovery and install it that way. The regular power save option is still in the Verizon software but disabled for some reason you would have to down a sq editor and change the vault of two entries.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: power saving option?

    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I found out how to do it if interested. You would have to be rooted just for the power save options. For the extreme power save option you have to flash a custom recovery and install it that way. The regular power save option is still in the Verizon software but disabled for some reason you would have to down a sq editor and change the vault of two entries.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I plan to put CleanROM on my M8, which I believe has both power-saving modes, but I've had the phone for less than 10 days and want to make sure no problems develop with it before I void my warranty. Thanks for the info, though!

    I've honestly not found it necessary as it's gotten me through a full day and then some, so I doubt I would use it often. But it would be nice to know that it's there if I need it. With my old phone, there were times when I had to shut the phone off to save battery because I needed to make calls (or receive voice-mails/texts) and an option like this would have been preferable.

Similar Threads

  1. panorama shots not saved
    By hitsmanj in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2014, 02:09 AM
  2. Power button stopped working!
    By CreecK in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 05:31 PM
  3. Best Huawei option?
    By jkepler in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 05:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 04:40 PM
  5. Power/Lock button stopped working
    By Emma Rhys-Jones in forum HTC One Mini
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions