HTC One M8 battery problems

SubT

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just got a new HTC One M8 and the battery life is concerning me a little. I haven't had a smartphone ever and this is my first smartphone ever so I'm not sure how much battery life is normal (and battery life is a big deal for me, coming from a dumbphone that could last several days with a single charge). I'm gonna attach the battery history graph, is this normal? I turn all my apps off and frequently check running apps to turn them off, turn WiFi off if I'm not somewhere where there is WiFi and turn data off unless I need it. Can someone tell me what's up?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2745.jpg
    2745.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 37

SubT

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
When there's no WiFi connection I shut it off so its not constantly searching, and dumb question, what is screen on time and where do I find that?

mcal24

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Does this help at all?

Try to screenshot this again after a full charge and using it for a day, this only shows 20 minutes of activity so it doesn't say much.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sunny4500

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
This is mine, five hours at work with minimal use then pretty heavy use with music on the way home. Is the battery as bad as I think?

Attachments

• 33074.jpg
    33074.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 24

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind the battery will NEVER be as good as a dumb phone.

The average person can usually get away with the battery giving them a full days use. Some will need to charge a bit to get thru a day while others will need several charges.

The good news is you are asking this early, use the next week or so to see if it fits YOUR needs. That will be the key.
Most carriers give 14 days to test a device for coverage and usability to make sure your happy.

SubT

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I just used the official HTC charger and it made a hugeee difference for some reason. I was just using a different micro USB charger I had laying around. Thanks guys for your replies and supoort! I appreciate it

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Look very closely at the USB charger you were using and look for an output current. IT will show Output 5V DC xxxmAh or .xA
Your stock HTC should be 1000mAh or 1A.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This is mine, five hours at work with minimal use then pretty heavy use with music on the way home. Is the battery as bad as I think?

It's not terrible if you consider that you got nearly 4.5 hours of screen-on time. It seems that you average 5 hours of screen-on time which also isn't terrible. It would give a more complete picture if we could see what apps are using the other 45.5%, but my guess is that if you're just listening to music you could turn the screen off and get several more hours out of your battery. That's depending on if you stream or if you have your music stored locally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza