I have changed from Apple to HTC

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
And I am so glad I did , IPhones have been poorly made since the iPhone 5 come out, and I have had every iPhone from the first one, M8 blows the iPhone out of the water on build quality and usability, how many other people have changed from Apple to HTC ?

Posted via Android Central App

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the useability but they make good solid devices. The key notes were today and they finally added a quick reply and 3rd party keyboards. Any way welcome aboard and hope u enjoy the phone.

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
The finish on the iPhone 5 was rubbish the phone was not well made and was not as good quality as the iPhone 4, which showed Apple thought they had such a captive audience that they could manufacture an inferior phone but charge the same amount, that is what made me change over

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of build quality, Apple should really make a warning about their hardware buttons when people buy an iPhone.

Warning: power and home button guaranteed to stop functioning with normal use. It may not take long for this to happen, so be cautioned. If both don't go out, then at least one will.

I just don't understand this! Out of the many friends and family I know with iPhones, I can only think of two that have not been plagued by that issue.....yet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of build quality, Apple should really make a warning about their hardware buttons when people buy an iPhone.

Warning: power and home button guaranteed to stop functioning with normal use. It may not take long for this to happen, so be cautioned. If both don't go out, then at least one will.

I just don't understand this! Out of the many friends and family I know with iPhones, I can only think of two that have not been plagued by that issue.....yet.

They just were doing free replacements of the sleep button on the iPhone5

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
They just were doing free replacements of the sleep button on the iPhone5

That's good to hear. But to me, they gotta fix that crap right off the bat. What a horrible experience that must be. I just feel bad for people when they have to have a floating dot on their screen at all times just to shut off the damn screen. So dumb.
Never had a single button issue with any of my android phones for many years.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the iPhone 5s, and I love-love-love my HTC One! There are only 2 things I miss from the iPhone. The first is the fingerprint unlock. The second is Siri. Otherwise, I definitely prefer the M8. Build quality is amazing too.

Hectorius

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I switch as well from the 5s. They both create good devices, but I was tired of the simple operating system. Haven't look back since then.

Posted via the one and only...HTC (M8)

Mmazeo

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Just made the switch this past weekend. Very happy so far.

One thing I'd like is a different sound for different notifications. Like one sound for a text, different sound for email, etc... This possible?

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

One thing I'd like is a different sound for different notifications. Like one sound for a text, different sound for email, etc... This possible?

Think it's just a notification tone for all.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Try this. email alerts can be changed through each individual email account. Go to said account and set what sound you like. Then set your phones message notifications via your phone settings.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Almost anything you want to change sound wise can be done in each app specific settings. Say messaging; you click menu and then settings. There should be a notification option there. Gmail can be changed and probably every email app out there (Yahoo theoretically could but had bugs the last I knew).

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I made the change myself from iPhone 5c to HTC m8. Had every lineup of iPhone except 5s. Gotta say I made a great decision. M8 is truly a superb quality phone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
And I am so glad I did , IPhones have been poorly made since the iPhone 5 come out, and I have had every iPhone from the first one, M8 blows the iPhone out of the water on build quality and usability, how many other people have changed from Apple to HTC ?

Well, idk about the build quality blowing the iPhone out of the water but Android OS sure beats the hell out of iOS. (Yes, even iOS 8)

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, idk about the build quality blowing the iPhone out of the water but Android OS sure beats the hell out of iOS. (Yes, even iOS 8)

My biggest gripe was iTunes and converting the music or the movies before syncing. Now I can drag and drop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance