Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default music keeps skipping

I don't know if anybody has experienced this but recently whenever I play music (whether through the stock Music app or something like 8tracks) the songs either starts fast forwarding in hiccups or changes to different songs, sometimes at breakneck speed. It's very frustrating especially when doing gym time.

I have only had my M8 for a little over a month now and have been taking utmost care of it so I'm really at a loss where this problem is coming from (and on another note, the left earpiece of the stock HTC headphones is now also busted, after just over a month. And I thought this was supposed to be durable)

Other notes :
    - the left earpiece just got busted this morning so it's not a headphone problem
    - Yes I triple-checked if my phone was somehow unlocked or the headphone not plugged in securely enough

Anyway I'd really appreciate any feedback on this

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: music keeps skipping

Quote Originally Posted by AlejandroPH View Post
    I don't know if anybody has experienced this but recently whenever I play music (whether through the stock Music app or something like 8tracks) the songs either starts fast forwarding in hiccups or changes to different songs, sometimes at breakneck speed. It's very frustrating especially when doing gym time.

I have only had my M8 for a little over a month now and have been taking utmost care of it so I'm really at a loss where this problem is coming from (and on another note, the left earpiece of the stock HTC headphones is now also busted, after just over a month. And I thought this was supposed to be durable)

Other notes :
    - the left earpiece just got busted this morning so it's not a headphone problem
    - Yes I triple-checked if my phone was somehow unlocked or the headphone not plugged in securely enough

Anyway I'd really appreciate any feedback on this

Posted via Android Central App
    Well, tell me one more thing that this problem is only with those 8 tracks only? Does other tracks works fine?? I am afraid but if the problem is specific with those 8 tracks only I would say those 8 tracks might be corrupted remove them and try downloading them again from the iTunes.

Well, tell me one more thing the problem you are experiencing with those 8 tracks only ??? Does other tracks works fine ??? If you are experiencing problem with only those 8 tracks then I think the problem is with those 8 tracks only remove then and again try downloading them. I think the tracks are somewhere corrupted and ... because of that they are giving you pain. Try getting the same track from some other website≥
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: music keeps skipping

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, tell me one more thing that this problem is only with those 8 tracks only? Does other tracks works fine?? I am afraid but if the problem is specific with those 8 tracks only I would say those 8 tracks might be corrupted remove them and try downloading them again from the iTunes.

Well, tell me one more thing the problem you are experiencing with those 8 tracks only ??? Does other tracks works fine ??? If you are experiencing problem with only those 8 tracks then I think the problem is with those 8 tracks only remove then and again try downloading them. I think the tracks are somewhere corrupted and ... because of that they are giving you pain. Try getting the same track from some other website≥
    Hello, thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure you understood me correctly.

8tracks is a music app. (see 8tracks.com) I am NOT referring to 8 specific tracks/songs. What I am saying is, anything I play has the tendency to skip tracks whether I play them on a third party app like 8tracks or on the stock Music app of HTC M8.

I hope I made this clear

Anyway, I think I found the solution here BUT I can't be sure since this was not explicitly for the HTC M8. I hope I get more replies here, I can't be the only one experiencing this problem