Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Flac Audio Files

    Hey everyone, I am back in the android game after taking along hiatus after my last experience with the Driod X. I just purchased my M8 last night which I am really excited about, unfortunately I've run by an issue trying to upload flac music files to my phone. For some odd reason when I attempt to upload music with HTC Sync Manager it won't recognize flac files, it uploads the MP3 files with no problems though.
    Has anyone experience this issue or does anyone know of a better software to sync music? While Sync Manager is somewhat efficient at syncing MP3 files it rather rough around the edges on my MacBook Pro. Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks
  2. #2  
    buckifvr's Avatar

    Posts
    726 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by ninohayzues View Post
    Hey everyone, I am back in the android game after taking along hiatus after my last experience with the Driod X. I just purchased my M8 last night which I am really excited about, unfortunately I've run by an issue trying to upload flac music files to my phone. For some odd reason when I attempt to upload music with HTC Sync Manager it won't recognize flac files, it uploads the MP3 files with no problems though.
    Has anyone experience this issue or does anyone know of a better software to sync music? While Sync Manager is somewhat efficient at syncing MP3 files it rather rough around the edges on my MacBook Pro. Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks
    If you have windows installed on your MBP, you can run Sync Manager with Windows in Coherence mode on your MBP.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by ninohayzues View Post
    Hey everyone, I am back in the android game after taking along hiatus after my last experience with the Driod X. I just purchased my M8 last night which I am really excited about, unfortunately I've run by an issue trying to upload flac music files to my phone. For some odd reason when I attempt to upload music with HTC Sync Manager it won't recognize flac files, it uploads the MP3 files with no problems though.
    Has anyone experience this issue or does anyone know of a better software to sync music? While Sync Manager is somewhat efficient at syncing MP3 files it rather rough around the edges on my MacBook Pro. Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks
    I'm a little embarrassed. I'm a professional audio engineer (live), and I had no idea what a Flac format was. Now I know...lol. My suggestion would be to just drag and drop those files to your phone. I never use HTC Manager for anything. I've just never needed to.. I'm curious if the stock player will recognize and play those files. Please let us know when you find out. Enjoy your new phone, it is a monster!
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    I drag and drop FLAC files to my One (M7). For me, it is easier to keep them in a dedicated folder since I have some files duplicated between FLAC and mp3. Not the best answer, I know. I found the HTC Sync Manager to be clunky, so I'm using iSyncr for keeping music files and playlists updated from iTunes.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed. I'm a professional audio engineer (live), and I had no idea what a Flac format was. Now I know...lol. My suggestion would be to just drag and drop those files to your phone. I never use HTC Manager for anything. I've just never needed to.. I'm curious if the stock player will recognize and play those files. Please let us know when you find out. Enjoy your new phone, it is a monster!
    The stock player does recognize FLAC.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Yeah, I never use a syncing program when I can get stuff done just as easily by just dragging and dropping files.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    As mentioned I just use drag and drop for all data including FLACs - caveat being that as I'm on a mac the phone won't show up in the finder, so I have to use Sync Manager. I just go to the files tab within the prog and drop em in there.
  8. #8  
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Thanks for the suggestions guys but the thing is my MacBook doesn't recognize the phone so I can't simply drag and drop the files.
    The software seems to be the only way my phone can receive files via USB, my phone doesn't even appear on the driver on the finder box. I did try syncing and transferring files via bluetooth and it transferred successfully but it transferred at snail speed like 30kbps lol.
    I have googled and tried seeking a solution, it appears some previous M7 users experienced the same troubleshooting which could be solved by going to the phone settings>developer options. Our M8 unfortunately doesn't have developer options on the settings, it appears you could've clear up USB de-buging and other stuff and appeared to have worked on their Macbook. I am currently running the latest version of Maverick on Macbook not sure if that matters at all. I am sure its something simple and I will laugh later not believing how it easy that was to fix it but as of now, I am a little frustrated
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    If you have windows installed on your MBP, you can run Sync Manager with Windows in Coherence mode on your MBP.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    I may do that one day and run Parallels, I think thats name of the software.

    Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed. I'm a professional audio engineer (live), and I had no idea what a Flac format was. Now I know...lol. My suggestion would be to just drag and drop those files to your phone. I never use HTC Manager for anything. I've just never needed to.. I'm curious if the stock player will recognize and play those files. Please let us know when you find out. Enjoy your new phone, it is a monster!
    It is a monster, loving it other than my lil issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    I drag and drop FLAC files to my One (M7). For me, it is easier to keep them in a dedicated folder since I have some files duplicated between FLAC and mp3. Not the best answer, I know. I found the HTC Sync Manager to be clunky, so I'm using iSyncr for keeping music files and playlists updated from iTunes.
    I may give iSyncr a shot thx

    Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    The stock player does recognize FLAC.
    Sure does, So far I transferred one flac file that was 600mb @ 30-40 kbps via bluetooth...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Yeah, I never use a syncing program when I can get stuff done just as easily by just dragging and dropping files.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    Wish could be that easy
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by ninohayzues View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys but the thing is my MacBook doesn't recognize the phone so I can't simply drag and drop the files.
    The software seems to be the only way my phone can receive files via USB, my phone doesn't even appear on the driver on the finder box. I did try syncing and transferring files via bluetooth and it transferred successfully but it transferred at snail speed like 30kbps lol.
    I have googled and tried seeking a solution, it appears some previous M7 users experienced the same troubleshooting which could be solved by going to the phone settings>developer options. Our M8 unfortunately doesn't have developer options on the settings, it appears you could've clear up USB de-buging and other stuff and appeared to have worked on their Macbook. I am currently running the latest version of Maverick on Macbook not sure if that matters at all. I am sure its something simple and I will laugh later not believing how it easy that was to fix it but as of now, I am a little frustrated
    To get to developer options go to settings>about>software>more and tap repeatedly on the build number.

    This should show a toast with a countdown to the dev options being enabled

    My M8 posted this
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    To get to developer options go to settings>about>software>more and tap repeatedly on the build number.

    This should show a toast with a countdown to the dev options being enabled

    My M8 posted this
    I think you tap it 7 times. A message pops up saying you are now a developer. Go to developer options and check USB de-bugging. Hopefully your Mac will see it.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    To get to developer options go to settings>about>software>more and tap repeatedly on the build number.

    This should show a toast with a countdown to the dev options being enabled

    My M8 posted this
    Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    I think you tap it 7 times. A message pops up saying you are now a developer. Go to developer options and check USB de-bugging. Hopefully your Mac will see it.
    Thanks guys!
    I did just that, de-bugged it and nothing tis sux. I also rebooted took off fast reboot in the power settings for you can enable full restart and it did no good, maybe I got a dud
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by ninohayzues View Post
    Thanks guys!
    I did just that, de-bugged it and nothing tis sux. I also rebooted took off fast reboot in the power settings for you can enable full restart and it did no good, maybe I got a dud
    How about connecting your SD card directly to your MacBook via whatever option necessary and dragging and dropping there.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Bullet in the head! Cheese and Rice, why didn't I think of that! LMAO
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    Quote Originally Posted by ninohayzues View Post
    ... I am sure its something simple and I will laugh later not believing how it easy that was to fix it
    I did warn you didn't I... In all fairness though I have been stuck in a rabbit-hole with an iPhone for about 4 years
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    So as silly as it maybe after much frustration you can simply add music files to SD card but don't bother trying to put them in specific folders, just simply drag them and place under the Android folder. So in case you format it don't get caught up on the many folders android makes after formatting your sd card. Still sucks my MacBook Pro can't identify my phone as driver that way I can have complete control where my files can be saved but meh, hopefully I find a solution later but as of now this works just fine.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Flac Audio Files

    I don't really understand the use of HTC sync manager. I have disabled it on my phone so it doesn't pop up when I plug it in. I just drag my flac files to the SD card on the phone. It is much more efficient. Why use sync manager when you can just drag and drop? I ditched my first iphone quick because I was forced to use horrible itunes and unable to drag/drop. HTC sync manager reminds me of the same. I'm just glad I can still drag/drop.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Post Re: Flac Audio Files

    So for whatever reason HTC SM couldn't detect my phone but they uploaded an update that fix it and now my phone is syncing with HTC SM. Furthermore I figured out how to sync Flac audio files to my phone and you can option to drop on SD card through HTC SM.

    Here is little FYI if you're using Mac OS and your only option is HTC SM.

    - You can only drop a FLAC file under your Files tab, don't try to drop it on the Music tab- it will not sync.



    I drop my file under the Music folder and it worked

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 08:09 AM
  2. My files logo is invisible! Help!
    By Philipp Yeo in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
  3. download app: cannot open file
    By noihaveband in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 12:41 PM
  4. Maximum Video Length or Maxiumum File Size?
    By Snueber in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 05:14 AM
  5. how to transfer files from your laptop to the note?
    By Peaches36 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions