Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree42Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Sad to say goodbye :/

The messages aren't coming through in the first place! For the love of god! Lol
    ugxvibe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    Lol, I totally understand! I wish there was an easier workaround for you.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It's really not that difficult to understand. You explained it very well, multiple times, and people certainly should have gotten it by now. I wish I had helpful advice to offer, but you've already tried all my would-be solutions so I sincerely wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved!
    manni1to likes this.

I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go
    NO! Don't go back! Okay. Call Apple and have then remove your number from their database. If that doesn't work. Have your iPhone friends delete you from their contacts and re-add you.

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)

Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    NO! Don't go back! Okay. Call Apple and have then remove your number from their database. If that doesn't work. Have your iPhone friends delete you from their contacts and re-add you.

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    He's already explained why this solution won't work.
    manni1to likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

It's really hard for me to not say "screw not being able to communicate the way I need to" because the gold m8 is so attractive!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Think I must of been really lucky when I switched about month ago.. There were issues for a few days and I ended up having to put the sim card back in my iPhone and turn iMessage off from there and then put the sim card back in my M8, just glad I still had my iPhone to get that done. Also turned off iMessage on the iPad, since then I've had no troubles with messages.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm still not understanding. If people are sending you text messages and they aren't coming through then there is something wrong with either the network or the hand set.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goobs10 View Post
    I'm still not understanding. If people are sending you text messages and they aren't coming through then there is something wrong with either the network or the hand set.
    It is the way iMessage handles the messages, it works great all the time you are on Apple devices but the moment you switch, it gets confused I guess and doesn't know what to do. I had the same issue when I switched, people were sending me messages but I wasn't getting them. It's a well known documented issue and it's all on Apples end.

Posted via Android Central App
    manni1to likes this.

This is a painful post to read. For the love of God learn from your mistakes and get away from Apple...

Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    The only feature they lose from imessages is the read receipt confirmation.
    iMessages also allowed you to receive your messages on other devices such as iPad and the texts were sync'd across the devices, I think this was it's main purpose. The only 100% sure fix that I have heard of is to contact your provider and have them issue you a new phone number. Believe me I know this is a monumental pain having to inform everyone that your number has changed let alone contacting all your credit card companies (if your cell phone is the contact number in your profile) websites you shop at and any other accounts you may have but it is the only solution that I have heard of to definitely fix the issue.

If he's got clients to worry about then it's more important for him to switch back than to act out of pride or defiance. Once those things are resolved, he can move back to Android.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    anon8380037 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Well here's an update. I decided to say eff you to the man and went to best buy and got a gold HTC one. I'm going to make it work. Somehow. It feels good to be back !!!
    anon8380037 and fsfty like this.

Well here's an update. I decided to say eff you to the man and went to best buy and got a gold HTC one. I'm going to make it work. Somehow. It feels good to be back !!!
    Good for you!!! Way to say NO to the Apple Juice!!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

It feels so good haha.
    anon8380037 likes this.

Nice. The damage was already done to you by Apple in your case.
    It would be great to know when everyone can message you again, and iMessage has said goodbye and thanks for the memories.
    45 days or more?
    Still a little confused as to why people have different experiences of the transfer. Down to the store, carrier or individual probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Just curious.. Have you tried calling them (Apple) to see if they can remove your number from iMessage? I've seen a few times where people called and were able to have it fixed.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.
    My mom just did this, no issues now.

[JTC ONE m8]
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Nice. The damage was already done to you by Apple in your case.
    It would be great to know when everyone can message you again, and iMessage has said goodbye and thanks for the memories.
    45 days or more?
    Still a little confused as to why people have different experiences of the transfer. Down to the store, carrier or individual probably.
    I have received some messages from some iPhone users but not all. I am not sure if they are ignoring me or simply not going through.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

I have received some messages from some iPhone users but not all. I am not sure if they are ignoring me or simply not going through.
    Being another m8 user that went through this after switching from an iPhone 5, here's what needs to be done to rectify the issue. Do ALL of these steps.

- if you still have the iPhone and didn't do it already, place your SIM back in it, allow it to recognize and pick up your number, and turn I Message OFF. If you did this already or don't have the phone disregard.

- If you have ANY OTHER APPLE DEVICE USING THE SAME APPLE ID AS YOUR IPHONE, turn Imessage off on ALL of them.

- after the above is done, RESET your Apple id password.

- text STOP to 48369 to deregister your number from Apple.

- call Apple support and have them manually deregister your number, or at least confirm that it was already done through the previous steps.

-wait 24hrs for the above to take effect. After 24 hrs, you must tell each friend that has tested you recently to delete your conversation from their phone completely, and then and only then send you a text message. It should NOT got through as an iMessage.

Sound like a pain in the @as? That's Apple for you. But I can confirm that this does eventually work, as up until 2 days ago I was not receiving messages either.

Sent from my HTC One (m8) using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123